2013 Ford Explorer Fog Light Replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer Fog Light Replacement

ttammag

Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
I noticed that the passenger side fog light lens is busted out on my 2013 Explorer XLT. I was looking to replace it with a OEM light. So far, I have only found part number 4F9Z-15200-AA, described as Fog Lamp Assembly, Left. I haven't found another part listed for the right side. Is the part the same for both sides?

Alternatively, does anyone have experience with an aftermarket option that has had good or better performance or lifetime than the OEM part?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed that the passenger side fog light lens is busted out on my 2013 Explorer XLT. I was looking to replace it with a OEM light. So far, I have only found part number 4F9Z-15200-AA, described as Fog Lamp Assembly, Left. I haven't found another part listed for the right side. Is the part the same for both sides?

Alternatively, does anyone have experience with an aftermarket option that has had good or better performance or lifetime than the OEM part?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Is the same part for left or right side. You can purchase VALEO 88358 as it is the same OEM lamp. If you look the factory one is made by Valeo. I purchased a couple of them for about 32 bucks each, shipped, at amazon. Mine even came with the Ford box, could be just the stock the seller had but the only difference buying the valeo and the motorcraft is the box and the price. You also get a new bulb.

About aftermarket I´m actually using Morimoto XB Led assembly, they come complete sealed housing with led projector. The pattern is superb, the output not so much. They are black and give a nice look to the truck, the light is pure white (5500k) and 1,200 raw lumens per fog light, you can also order them yellow (3000k). I think stocks light up the road more but the pattern is bad. Morimoto pair is 175 + shipping. It´s pricy, I got them at The Retrofit Source a couple of years back on cyber monday with a discount.

If you are on a budget get the valeo. If the other fog light is in good shape I suggest you replace the H11 bulb as they dim with time.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Hi Matt. Found this also; Amazon.com : 4F9Z-15200-AACP

Peter

Is the same part for left or right side. You can purchase VALEO 88358 as it is the same OEM lamp. If you look the factory one is made by Valeo. I purchased a couple of them for about 32 bucks each, shipped, at amazon. Mine even came with the Ford box, could be just the stock the seller had but the only difference buying the valeo and the motorcraft is the box and the price. You also get a new bulb.

About aftermarket I´m actually using Morimoto XB Led assembly, they come complete sealed housing with led projector. The pattern is superb, the output not so much. They are black and give a nice look to the truck, the light is pure white (5500k) and 1,200 raw lumens per fog light, you can also order them yellow (3000k). I think stocks light up the road more but the pattern is bad. Morimoto pair is 175 + shipping. It´s pricy, I got them at The Retrofit Source a couple of years back on cyber monday with a discount.

If you are on a budget get the valeo. If the other fog light is in good shape I suggest you replace the H11 bulb as they dim with time.
Thanks for the good info.

Back