GMMOORE

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Re: 2013 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD V-6

Hi,

Yesterday I left for the store and vehicle started fine, no problems. Drove to the store, parked the car., still no problems. When I left the store and tried to start the car, nothing, no clicking, no dash lights, no inside lights,
could not even lock the car with the key fob, absolutely dead. It was raining lightly during this time and my car is still at the store. I've been waiting for the rain to let up today so I can go back to see if I can get it started. Any recommendations or suggestions? The car has a new battery.

Thanks,

Gary
San Bruno, Ca.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bad or loose connection to the new battery? Defective new battery?

A bad ground connection has caused this type of issue before. Check the battery connections first as suggested by Exit32.

A bad ground connection has caused this type of issue before. Check the battery connections first as suggested by Exit32.
Thanks. I'll double check this.

Bad or loose connection to the new battery? Defective new battery?
Thanks so much. That's exactly what it was. I guess when I recently installed the new battery I didn't tighten the negative cable well enough and
it became loose. Started right up.

Thanks so much. That's exactly what it was. I guess when I recently installed the battery I didn't tighten down the ground connection well enough so it
became loose. Started right up.

All's well that ends well.

Back