2014 Ford Explorer - Passenger Side Front Seat Rattle ! Clicking Sound. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer - Passenger Side Front Seat Rattle ! Clicking Sound.

patrocle

Reaction score
City, State
Sacto,Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
Hello to all!

New owners of 2014 Ford Explorer , only about 4000 miles, now about 2000 miles ago, we notice developing a clicking sound coming from the passenger front seat
when no one was on the chair or even when someone was there too...

Is like a click,click sound and it comes when pass over bumps, holes, if someone is one the chair and the suv turns to the right , kind all weight on the chair goes to the left so then that clicking sound is more noticeable.

We already took it to the dealer few times!

1st time they said the seat belt is something wrong with it, so the put new one in
and the problem still there.

2nd time they said that the seat track was something up, so they change that , but problem still there.

Now today i have to take it back again , they to look again!

Even if you don't drive the explorer , and press on the leather seat on the bottom right side corner (center) you can hear that click, or if you press on the back side , where you have your back against the chair and press it , you can still hear that click, and it is from the chair , maybe inside the cousin ?

If anyone have or had the same problem , please post here how or what your dealer changed , and fix it!

Thanks!
P.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello to all!

New owners of 2014 Ford Explorer , only about 4000 miles, now about 2000 miles ago, we notice developing a clicking sound coming from the passenger front seat
when no one was on the chair or even when someone was there too...

Is like a click,click sound and it comes when pass over bumps, holes, if someone is one the chair and the suv turns to the right , kind all weight on the chair goes to the left so then that clicking sound is more noticeable.

We already took it to the dealer few times!

1st time they said the seat belt is something wrong with it, so the put new one in
and the problem still there.

2nd time they said that the seat track was something up, so they change that , but problem still there.

Now today i have to take it back again , they to look again!

Even if you don't drive the explorer , and press on the leather seat on the bottom right side corner (center) you can hear that click, or if you press on the back side , where you have your back against the chair and press it , you can still hear that click, and it is from the chair , maybe inside the cousin ?

If anyone have or had the same problem , please post here how or what your dealer changed , and fix it!

Thanks!
P.

Hi patrocle,

Welcome to the forum! I'm Crystal, the Ford Service rep here. I'd like to get this issue in front of your regional customer service manager. To make that happen, send me a private message (PM) with your specifics: full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll push this up the line. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Went to dealer , and have to take it to service next week.
This time the Shop Foreman will handle this specific problem.

So will hold an on this.

Thanks.

Went to dealer , and have to take it to service next week.
This time the Shop Foreman will handle this specific problem.

So will hold an on this.

Thanks.

Keep us posted, patrocle. I'll be here if you need my help. :thumbsup:

Crystal

I think my 14 Sport has this too so Im interested in your findings.

I'm having the exact same issue with my 2014 XLT except on the driver's side seat. I'm trying to pinpoint what it is before I head to the dealer and get the run around. Let us know how you make out!

Thanks,
Jay

The Explorer is at the dealer hopefully will find out some info by the end of the day... unless they will change the hole chair...:))

Any luck at the dealership?

Yes, I guess you can say "Luck"

Ok, we got back late yesterday after 8 hours at the dealer for testing...and now i don't hear any more clicking/rattle,etc for now.

They find out that the screws that holds the seat down to the floor , also tights something under neat the car
other part , and it was louse , so they tighten the bolts all 4 i guess and after they tested again , is not doing that rattle anymore.

"Bracket Mounting Bolts" (chair)

So you guys may want to check those bolts that keeps the chair tight , and i guess it must be done from under neat the car.

For now i give thanks to the foreman at the dealer here in my city, he is nice guy and the best, Thank you! also $0 paid.

Thanks,

Pic:
2e660s1.jpg

I think bolts 'HS2'
(credit to who posted this in forum somewhere)

Thanks! I'll see if I can gain access to the bolts and check if they're tight before taking it in. I'd rather not use up a day off from work to have the dealer do this.

Thanks again for the detailed reply!

If you are going to crawl under the car, please please take some pics as well...

Thanks for that update I will check today.

I dont think you crawl under the vehicle to tighten them though.

I need to check mine too.

OP seems to be saying that he was told that from the bolts pictured, some are passing thru floor to the undercarriage, and are tightening the seat bracket as well as something on the undercarriage,
(...or maybe they just tighten thru to the undercarriage?)

From the diagram it looks like nothing is passing to the undercarriage though...

Back