2014 Ford Explorer XLT Premium Sound system having trouble with noise from amp. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer XLT Premium Sound system having trouble with noise from amp.

sjohnsonjd

Reaction score
City, State
Fontana, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
Dear Users,
I have a new 2014 Ford Explorer XLT with the premium sound system and I have upgraded my speakers to Rockford Fosgate with an amp ( also Rockford Fosgate). When I turn the amp higher than a level of "3", there is a whine from the engine. There is also a buzzing noise. I still have the factory radio because they are very difficult to upgrade and still keep the Ford Touch system intact. Has anyone solved this problem and still been able to turn up the amp in the car without the noise?? Thanks.

Worked on 2 of my aftermarket audio systems best 20 dollars spent. It's actually a wine from the alternator getting picked up from your amp ground not the amp itself.

The Gound Loop isolator did not work!!

Dear Forum participants,

I took the car to Besy Buy and the technician tried the ground loop isolator and it did not eliminate the noise. He even tried a power noise filter and no results. The technician is now going to try the RCA cables and reroute them so that they are not near anything in the car that can produce noise. Its getting quite complicated to just have an amplifier attached to a factory radio. I wish that I could perhaps change the factory radio but with the ford touch its a no go.

Back