2014 Sport / compatible and allowed with 18" ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport / compatible and allowed with 18" ?

Daheim111

Reaction score
City, State
Germany / Thüringen
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Sport

Now it is stock 255/50/20...is it possible with 18 " ??? Or not because of the bigger Sport brake discs ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now it is stock 255/50/20...is it possible with 18 " ??? Or not because of the bigger Sport brake discs ?
Yes you can use 18" wheels. I have them on my Platinum for Winter in place of the OEM 20". As of mid 2013, all brakes are the same size.

Peter

@peterk9, same size ??? I think it´s better with 18 " and more than 50...the roads here are not in so good condition...and the curbstones here are offen too high to not damage the wheels...
Problem in Germany: to find an expertise for the traffic control station...but I will try it !

I also have 18" winters and they clear the calipers.
Going with 18" is also good for your wallet, as tires and rims can be purchased at a much lower cost.

@peterk9, same size ??? I think it´s better with 18 " and more than 50...the roads here are not in so good condition...and the curbstones here are offen too high to not damage the wheels...
Problem in Germany: to find an expertise for the traffic control station...but I will try it !
Yes, the upgraded the brakes on all models midway through the 2013 model year so all have the same size. A 235/65R18 is a perfect replacement tire with 0% diameter variance. The accepted variance is 3% maximum. https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=255-50r20-235-65r18

Peter

@peterk9, what kind of wheels have you used ? 18x8 or 8.5 ? And with how many offset ?

@peterk9, what kind of wheels have you used ? 18x8 or 8.5 ? And with how many offset ?
I use the 18" Ford steel interceptor wheels that I bought from the dealer. Not sure of the numbers but according to the fordparts website, they are 18x8. Can't tell you about the offset. They just took the OEM wheels off and put the steel wheels on.

Peter

Back