2014 Weight Distribution Hitch 6x12 V-Nose | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Weight Distribution Hitch 6x12 V-Nose

cheapjeep2

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Lmtd
First I've read several towing threads, and threads about a 6x12 V-nose enclosed and performance with the Explorer platform. Second not new to towing light duty items with the explorer. I have had several utility trailers and u-hauls with my Explorer.

Specs - 2014 Limited FWB full factory Class III towing package installed with brake controller.

The 6x12 v-nose will have brakes, even if single axle. I worry about sway, with single axle (even tandem).

Tandem, over kill for what I need, but definitely great braking and tandem is a little less prone to sway.

This trailer will be used infrequently with light duty items just to help my family move their stuff and possibly haul a golf cart.

Question and Opinion -
1. Would you use a Weight distribution hitch?
2. If so, which one would you recommend, toque weight should never be more than 600lbs
3. Opinion on single or tandem based on my comments above?

Thanks, Troy

I’d definitely use a weight distributing hitch. I’d definitely want dual axle.

First I've read several towing threads, and threads about a 6x12 V-nose enclosed and performance with the Explorer platform. Second not new to towing light duty items with the explorer. I have had several utility trailers and u-hauls with my Explorer.

Specs - 2014 Limited FWB full factory Class III towing package installed with brake controller.

Thanks, Troy
Hi Troy. Was the Class III towing package factory installed or aftermarket? If it was added after the vehicle left the factory the legal towing weight is 2000 lb.

Peter

Back