2015 Explorer Limited steering assist/advancetrac failure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Limited steering assist/advancetrac failure

ghouck

Reaction score
City, State
Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Ltd
I have a 2015 Explorer limited with the dreaded steering assist / advancetrac failure with loss of power steering. Also, my turn signal does not stay on, I have to hold for it to continue blinking. I've read that we're talking about the steering rack needing replaced, but others say it is the steering column. Can anyone shed some light on this. I'm leaning towards the rack being the problem but i do not know if that explains the turn signal situation. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is indeed the rack which is a complete EPAS unit. Meaning you cant just replace some parts on it the whole unit must be swapped out and reprogrammed.

The blinker sounds like a different issue possibly with the switch. I suppose there could be something failing from the rack which is causing the blinker to improperly detect steering angle so I would not worry about that until addressing the bigger issue.

Forscan shows the steering angle sensor stuck at -780.00 degrees. Blinker switches show as functioning fine according to Forscan.

I have a 2015 Explorer limited with the dreaded steering assist / advancetrac failure with loss of power steering. Also, my turn signal does not stay on, I have to hold for it to continue blinking. I've read that we're talking about the steering rack needing replaced, but others say it is the steering column. Can anyone shed some light on this. I'm leaning towards the rack being the problem but i do not know if that explains the turn signal situation. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Greg
Greg,
I have the exact same issue. The rack was replaced as well as the power brake control module... problem persists after spending $2700. What did you come up with?

Greg,
I have the exact same issue. The rack was replaced as well as the power brake control module... problem persists after spending $2700. What did you come up with?
Welcome to the Forum Jason. :wave:
Do you know if you are getting any trouble codes?

Peter

Back