Steering assist fault on a new sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steering assist fault on a new sport

Roice1999

Reaction score
City, State
Manila, Philippines
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Sport 3.5 ecoboost
Hello guys I was wondering if you could help me out, I have a new 2019 Ford explorer Sport with just 1300km on the clock and Everytime I start the car various warning messages popups stating that there is Power steering assist fault needed service, hill descent control fault, pre collision not available, advance Trac system fault and I forgot the other one, but really, on a brandnew vehicle is this normal with other fords I am quite disappointed with it, by the way if you we're wondering I live in the Philippines, thankyou in advance and stay safe guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you pull the error code via OBD2?

Did it go into full limp mode? Like, unable to rev high, very slow acceleration, etc?
Thankyou for the response sir I appreciate it, the warning message only appears everytime I start the car although the car seems fine while I'm driving it, about the acceleration tho I kinda smell something similar to a gas, mind you that I have once a 2013 Ford explorer v6 and during WOT there is some gas like smell or odor similar to my new sport nevertheless I'd assume it is still in it's break in condition so let's see what happens after it

Welcome to the Forum Roice. :wave:
In earlier 5th gen Explorers is was sometimes a sign that the steering rack needed to be replaced. I don't recall such an issue with a 2019.
Since you should still be under warranty, do you have dealer that can check it out? They may also be able to see if any trouble codes are stored.
For your info; 2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Roice. :wave:
In earlier 5th gen Explorers is was sometimes a sign that the steering rack needed to be replaced. I don't recall such an issue with a 2019.
Since you should still be under warranty, do you have dealer that can check it out? They may also be able to see if any trouble codes are stored.
For your info; 2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Peter
Thankyou sir, once the quarantine here has been lifted I'll immediately drop the car at my dealership

Back