2015 Explorer Sport - Available for how much longer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport - Available for how much longer?

RealDeal

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
I much prefer the looks of 2015 Explorer Sport over the 2016 Sport model. I would buy one today but I'm buying a new house and my lender says I need to wait until after closing which probably won't be until July. Any idea how many 2015 Explorer Sports (black) will be floating around in late July or early August? Or do you think all of the 2015 models be gone and only 2016 models be available at that point?

Thanks,
Dave

I just purchased a 2015 Explorer Sport this past weekend and they have some great incentives on this outgoing model year. So, that will make this model year move faster off the lots. The incoming 2016 Explorer will not have all the great rebates as the outgoing model. However, their are some nice new options on the 2016, including the front facing camera and improved headlamps with LED. The dealer did say the 2016's will be moving in this Summer.

I would think you could still find one in July. My dealer currently has more than 100 in stock. Over 40 are Sports. They were down to around 90 a couple weeks ago, so there are still some coming in.

FWIW, my SIL and her husband just closed on their house last month. The lease on their van was expiring a couple weeks before they closed. Their lender said as long as the monthly payment stays the same or less, they should be fine. They closed without a hitch.

Back