2015 PIU Mysterious side lights

SanSebek

Reaction score
City, State
Brzeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Hello everyone ;)
i'm new here and recently became a PIU 2015 owner and i am looking for sides (Driver&Pass.) lights, like on the picture.
I have no idea what lights were there before.
I am asking for help in finding or some idea to replace these lamps.

04. lewy bok kierunkowskaz.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just went through all the pictures in the Photo thread and non of the PIUs had a light at the location pictured. Perhaps it was something that the detachment had added after getting the vehicle. I guess you could add a type of 'clearance' light there or put one in there that is hooked up to the turn signal. Many automotive stores carry all kinds of lights that might fit.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just went through all the pictures in the Photo thread and non of the PIUs had a light at the location pictured. Perhaps it was something that the detachment had added after getting the vehicle. I guess you could add a type of 'clearance' light there or put one in there that is hooked up to the turn signal. Many automotive stores carry all kinds of lights that might fit.

Peter
Thanks Peter for the message and tips,
I thought so too, because I did not find PIU with such lights anywhere. I even wrote to the Enfield Police Department that was using it, but no one replied to my e-mails.
Do you know any specific online store where I could match or ask?
(I found one
Ford Police Interceptor Utility 2013-2019 Police, Emergency Lights, Sirens, Equipment, Light Bars
but on my inquiry, they didn't answer ..

If I find and fit the turn signals as additional lights,
can I connect them to the circuit of the front turn signals? Or rather make a new circuit for the new side turn signals?
A simpler method and definitely faster is to buy stickers, emblems, what do you think about it?
Have a nice day, afternoon or evening;)
Sebastian

Welcome back ;)
I found more "mysterious hole" places where there were some lights / lamps in my PIU 2015,
Will you suggest what could have been?
Klapa bag2.jpg

Sure Whelen ;)

..and Led Door Sill Strips, which you recommend?
LED Progi.jpeg

LED bagażnik3.jpeg

The second and third look like strobe lights to me. Hard to see what is in the first picture but likely something similar.

Peter

For the holes in the trunk lid, they take Whelen IONs. I have pictures with the part numbers from the ones I took out of my 2017 PIU after replacing them with 3D printed blanks.

20220822_213449.jpg 20220424_150010.jpg

Back