• Register Today It's free!

2015 PIU Seat Upgrade Help

RobJ_0907

Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Hi everyone. Long time Explorer owner, first time "caller"!

Let me preface with, I tried to search this issue, but only found threads for older models.

I have a newer 2015 Interceptor Utility and it with standard cloth seats. I purchased Power/Leather seats from a vendor that come out of a 2013 XLT. The drivers side works fine because the stock seat was power; however the passenger seat wasn't. So when i hooked up the cable there is no power to the motor and the AirBag light comes on. I looked under the hood at the fuse block and there was an empty space for the fuse, however it's not a complete circuit.

So I guess what I'm asking is two things:
1) Can anyone help with a wiring pinout, so i can fuse and run my own power to the seat?;

2) Does anyone know if that will solve the AirBag light issue, or is that something i should have the service center look into?

Both the seats are heated as well, but I'm really not overly concerned about getting that working. I'd just like to be able to adjust the seat. As it sits now, the seat was all the way back, and I haven't even been able to get the rear mounting bolts in to secure it all the way. Not that that would be a safety issue or anything :-0)

Thanks in advance to any and all help.

Rob

Welcome to the Forum RobJ_0907.:wavey:
When you mentioned 'older models' I'm not sure if you are referring to previous years of the 5th generation or not. I don't believe there have been any design changes to the seats from 2011 - 2015. The other thing the passenger seat has is the occupancy sensor so depending on what you use to hook up power to the seat you, must also ensure that the sensor is powered. I would guess that hookup is already there from the previous seat.
According to your Owner's Guide, the fuse (30A) for the passenger seat is in position 42 in the fuse panel under the hood.

Peter

That's going to be a tough one. Generally if you want to upgrade its best to stay within the same model year. Parts do change from year to year and who knows if the airbags form a 13 are even compatible with the airbag system in a 15. There is a lot a of research that has to be done. It would be interesting to see what error code is coming up in the airbag system.

As far as the heated seats go....lots of research needs to be done on that too.

Back