2016-17 Sport / Platinum Exhaust Tips | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016-17 Sport / Platinum Exhaust Tips

Hi All, I’m new here. Just bought a 2016 Limited. I was hoping there is a way to change the exhaust tips on the back to the rectangular ones that you see on some of the Sports I guess? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them on some of the Limited as well. Can I buy a brand new bumper to get that done or is there a way to modify it and change out the small circular ones. I’m not car savy at all, so please explain in an elementary style, I just know I like the look better. Thanks all in advance. Cheers!

You would need to buy the lower bumper valance, the chrome exhaust trim panels and their support mounts. You would also need to cut off your exhaust tips and may need to rework the remaining tail pipe to fit/tuck behind the new exhaust panels.

I was doing the opposite of what you are trying to do with my sport, because I have a Livernois exhaust with tips that do not fit the exhaust panels on the 16-17 sports. Taking the bumper off was a pain in the ars and I just dropped the idea, as it doesn't look that bad as is. I still have that silver lower bumper valance with round cutouts in case I ever change my mind or the bumper has to come off for any reason. I think the valance is from a Limited.

Hmm, I wonder if it's going to be possible to retrofit older explorers with the new 2018 quadpipes?

2018-ford-explorer-7.jpg

No such luck, it's welded

I imagine it's possible if you want to spend the money necessary to change the lower bumper fascia and the muffler or extension.

Peter

Back