2016 - 2019 Explorer Sport Headlights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 - 2019 Explorer Sport Headlights

robby830

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016, Explorer Sport 4x4
Hi, I’m back on the site after purchasing a 2016 Sport. I got rid of my 2008 Explorer back in 2019. This site was super helpful in the 9 years I owned it.

Anyway, the Explorer I purchased has right front end damage, so I’ve been sourcing parts to get it fixed and everything is expected to arrive within the next few days. Ran into an issue with the headlights I bought though. I was told by the seller that they were from a Sport, but they don’t have the signature lights/LED strip. Other lights work fine though. I’m guessing they’re from a Base model or PUI? Does anyone know if all headlight versions work on all Explorers? So if I buy one from any trim aside from the Base or PUI would they function as expected or does it have to be the exact same model # to work? I believe there are HIDs too which I would stay away from.

Any help you could provide would be great.

Thanks,
Robby

148C9E6E-F1C0-4D37-BBFF-0EE8A3BEC00F.jpeg

Welcome back Robby. :wave:
That headlight looks to be in good shape but I guess looks aren't everything. Are yo looking to replace both?
I looked at the Levittown Ford parts site and it seems a bit confusing to me, I picked out a headlight and then clicked on the vehicle fitment tab and it seems engine size plays a part. The only ones that showed as being for a 3.5L were the Base and PIU. If you are looking to buy new, then Levittown as a forum vendor will provide a discount to forum members. You can contact Benny and he should be able to help with this.

Peter

FPIU won't have the LED strips a lot of us want gone and IIRC there will be an open spot next to the turn signals for additional warning lighing.

Welcome back Robby. :wave:
That headlight looks to be in good shape but I guess looks aren't everything. Are yo looking to replace both?
I looked at the Levittown Ford parts site and it seems a bit confusing to me, I picked out a headlight and then clicked on the vehicle fitment tab and it seems engine size plays a part. The only ones that showed as being for a 3.5L were the Base and PIU. If you are looking to buy new, then Levittown as a forum vendor will provide a discount to forum members. You can contact Benny and he should be able to help with this.

Peter
That’s the light I bought from someone, but it’s missing the led strip. Doesn’t match the driver side. I’ll be selling it and looking for another, so wanted to know if all different versions with the led strip will work or does it have to match specific to this model. Of course the sticker on the driver headlight is not legible to see the part #.

Thanks for the vendor info!

Back