2016 can't disable Easy Entry/Exit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 can't disable Easy Entry/Exit

16Explorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi, brand new member here. Just got my wife a 2016 Sport last week and I've only found one major annoyance with it so far. No matter how many times I disable Easy Entry/Exit through the dash menu, it turns itself back on (box is checked) after stopping and re-starting the ignition. I've tried disconnecting the battery, which I thought fixed the problem when I tested it the same night, but the next day the box was checked again and the seats were moving.

This is especially annoying because every time Easy Exit activates, it crunches up the child seat we have in the center of the second row. I've done a forum search to no avail - looking for any other suggestions to try, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Contact your dealer. Could be a design flaw on the new model. Ford is expecting a lot of feedback on the new model and dealers were informed on how to pass on complaints/issues.

Thats why Im waiting for 2017MY

I think your waiting for the redesign on the new platform......2018/19
Are you saying a 2018 will be a redesign?

Peter

I think your waiting for the redesign on the new platform......2018/19
Are you saying a 2018 will be a redesign? My lease it up April 1, 2017.

Peter

Are you saying a 2018 will be a redesign? My lease it up April 1, 2017.

Peter

Im not specifically calling 2018 the year of the completely new version but it will close to the 2018 if not the 2018. Its confusing with model years coming out in different calendar years especially with new versions. Only Ford Management really knows. It should be announced before your lease is up.

A good indicator will be the redesigned Expedition release date.

I doubt Explorer re-design will be sooner than 2020...

Any luck with finding a solution?

I am having the exact same problem with a 2016 Explorer Sport that I picked up last Friday.

-Rick

Any luck with finding a solution?

I am having the exact same problem with a 2016 Explorer Sport that I picked up last Friday.

-Rick
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I'm guessing you 'disabled' it in the settings?

Peter

Yes I did. However, after I get out of the vehicle, and walk out of range of the keyless entry, return and restart he engine, the option is "checked" again.

-Rick

Yes I did. However, after I get out of the vehicle, and walk out of range of the keyless entry, return and restart he engine, the option is "checked" again.

-Rick
That sure isn't right. I know a couple members have had luck by clearing some issues with this feature by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes or so. The problem is that you will likely lose some saved memory settings. Not saying it will work either. Have you had your dealer take a look at it Rick? That might be the best place to start.

Peter

That sure isn't right. I know a couple members have had luck by clearing some issues with this feature by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes or so. The problem is that you will likely lose some saved memory settings. Not saying it will work either. Have you had your dealer take a look at it Rick? That might be the best place to start.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to call the dealer. I was just hoping to see if anyone else had any luck in resolving it or what Ford's solution was. Once I get an answer or fix, I'll report it back here for others' benefit.

-Rick

My 2016 Explorer Sport does the same thing. The dealer confirmed it wasn't right, but didn't really have any suggestions except they were sure Ford would provide a fix. I don't know if they submitted the issue to Ford or not.

My 2016 limited is doing the same thing. I have to disable easy entry/exit every time I start the truck. When I get back in, it is checked again. Incidentally, this also happens to the auto engine off and trailer sway options (that I've noticed so far).

I had the dealer look at it and they said they sent it in to the "hotline." The response from ford was basically to experiment with the instrument cluster.

Has anyone had luck getting it fixed yet?

I bet there is some flaw in IPC firmware, apparently all the settings are gone to initial state once power is off. It is nothing to play with, Ford has to fix it...

I took my 2016 Sport to the dealer to see if they could explain how to permanently turn off the Easy Entry feature since my previous Ford vehicles left it off once you disabled it. They had no suggestions beyond the obvious directions in the manual which matches my previous Ford vehicles. I then directly contacted Ford customer service who replied via e-mail " ... the dealer did present your concern to engineering seeking any possible recommendation. Since this feature seems to be functioning as designed ; no recommendations were made. Please refer to owner’s manual pg. 147 for options regarding this feature.".

If that's really the case, they could have just left out the description of how to turn it back on (see manual page 147) and just instructed us to cycle the vehicle off and on again without the trouble of going through several levels of menus.

After a few more exchanges I was told they were passing my comments to the "Technical Subject Matter Experts". No further information has been provided since 7/31. I hope more of you will bring this to Ford's attention. Without further complaints I don't see them offering a fix.

Other than this admittedly minor annoyance, I love the 2016 Sport!

Welcome to the Forum NCExplorerSport. :wavey:

With so many members having the same problem with their 2016, I wonder if anyone has been successful in turning this feature off permanently?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Waiting

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to call the dealer. I was just hoping to see if anyone else had any luck in resolving it or what Ford's solution was. Once I get an answer or fix, I'll report it back here for others' benefit.

-Rick

I took my Explorer to the dealer a week ago and initially Ford told them nothing was wrong. They pushed a little harder and eventually Ford said, "yes this is not right". Ford is supposedly sending a replacement computer that should fix the problem. It's been a week and I haven't heard back yet. Going to call the dealer on Monday for an updated status.

-Rick

Back