2016 Cooled Seats | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Cooled Seats

Adding to an old thread. Are all explorers wired for this? If I was to put these Ted units in my seat and get the oem switches would it work on a car that didn’t come with them?

Not sure if they are wired for it or not, but the seat has to allow the air to blow though it. Depending on the material the seat is made from will make a difference. There are aftermarket seat heaters available, also aftermarket cool and heat. Just ask Mr Google and see what he can find.

I am new to cooled seats, and I'm still not sure how they are supposed to work. Mine do cool a bit, but no air comes out of them. I've been told by some people no air comes through the seat, and others say they should blow air. I test drove a bunch of used Explorers around '13 and '14, none of them blew air out of the seats on cool. One didn't cool at all, but that's because it turned out the AC system didn't work either (didn't buy that one!).

My cooled seats work but I can't say I've ever noticed any air blowing up through the seat in my current Explorer nor in my previous vehicles either.

Peter

Back