• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer door locks

fixme79

Reaction score
City, State
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer
I have a 2016 Ford Explorer and I am having trouble with my doors not locking, I thought it was my key fob so I had it checked by a locksmith and they said they key fob was working fine, I told them that what was happening was first thing
in the morning sometimes the doors would not open when I pressed the remote on the key fob I had to use the key
to open the door and if I drove the car for a bit and parked it the doors would not lock a couple of times I would stick the
key back in the ignition and tried to start car and it would not read the key the guy at the locksmith told me that this was
a common thing with this vehicle the on very cold nights is when the car has this problem does anybody know why this is happening?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You haven't listed which trim you have. So I'm guessing your Explorer doesn't have the Intelligent Access feature by which you can lock/unlock the door simply by using the door handle? Is that correct? Do you have the Securicode keyless entry pad on the driver's door?
FYI, I have never had this issue and it gets pretty cold up here at times in the winter.

Peter

Back