2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign?

Better than "Bold New Colors", I guess, but not something that I'm going to trade my '13 in for.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...looks like they made sure that no one can use any of the lights to retrofit a prior model...:thumbdwn:

Shark fin antenna is seen, its good!
Overall, looks pretty good, I like it. Yet to see engines and features! May be 2.7 Ecoboost as an option?

The pictures are close but the headlights are actually more square and don't flow back as much. Plus the fog lights are exactly reversed from what they should be. Think mini versions of the '15 F150 headlights.

parktronic is seen facing forward, its a must for such a big SUV, current one has only side-facing.

Our automotive crystal ball: Ford Explorer's updated styling for 2016
ford_explorer_2016_01_zpsb099f10a.jpg

ford_explorer_2016_02_zpsa424a8b3.jpg

I don't know how I feel about this to be honest. It tries to look like the Everest but it's just not as rugged enough. I'm okay with my current Explorer for now. I'll wait until a complete redesign occurs. Hopefully they put RWD back in.

I found a source for the pictures:
http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/...ball-ford-explorer-s-updated-styling-for-2016

Not sure if this is actually the final design or not. I thought they might have extended the tail lights onto the liftgate. Also, this model may have the tow hitch since it looks like it has a cover. We should know next month.

Peter

parktronic is seen facing forward, its a must for such a big SUV, current one has only side-facing.

Probably the highest trim level will have both front/side cam view and frontal park assist, front sensors are currently available as an add on kit, I dont think they show up on the MFT screen though.

New Escalade has a feature called "360 view" ?,
the trend for any elite trim pkg for large SUVs is front, side, and rear cam view.

Probably the highest trim level will have both front/side cam view and frontal park assist, front sensors are currently available as an add on kit, I dont think they show up on the MFT screen though.

New Escalade has a feature called "360 view" ?,
the trend for any elite trim pkg for large SUVs is front, side, and rear cam view.

It will have the new Enhanced Park Assist system with forward facing 180 degree camera.

The pics are a speculative mock up.

I think they are close on the headlights from what I can gather from spy shots still under wrap.

However, I saw one spy shot with a bit of a gray/black mesh grill sticking out from under wraps that looked pretty cool. Kind of like a Range Rover.

I much prefer that and the present grill to what is depicted.

The Top Gear pictures look dead on accurate to me. The new Explorer looks very aggressive but it just keeps making me think of a Hyundai or Kia for some reason.

It looks like the Hyundai Santa Fe.

Those taillights look almost identical to what we have now, if you look how the small "parking" LEDs up top swoop to the sides.

interesting....

They're wrong on both counts regarding the engines. The 2.0L is gone and it will not get the 2.7L.

It should get 2.7l Ecoboost since new Edge got it!

Here is what I have heard. The new 2016 will have new rear and front fascia and a new dash layout. Also, there will be a Platnium version with the Ford 2.3L Ecoboost. It's going to be in the $60k price range.

The Top Gear pictures look dead on accurate to me. The new Explorer looks very aggressive but it just keeps making me think of a Hyundai or Kia for some reason.

It looks like the Hyundai Santa Fe.

They are not dead on, I have seen prototype.

See post by Riley......front driving and headlights are not final production.

Mini new 15 F150 style

They are not dead on, I have seen prototype.

See post by Riley......front driving and headlights are not final production.

Mini new 15 F150 style

Did you see the Interior? curious if it will look different

Did you see the Interior? curious if it will look different

I have not seen interior, but am told IP center stack is different.

New trim level.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on the forum for about 3 months as we're considering the Explorer Sport for mid-2015. It will be our first Ford and the Sport interests us for the 6/7 seats (3rd row would only be for occasional use), the extra space when the 3rd row is folded, and the performance vs price point.

I sat in a Sport today and understand some of the areas people have mentioned for improvement (e.g. unable to rest left elbow on door sill etc) however a couple of questions specific to the redesign that will hopefully be unveiled at the end of next month.

a) What are the chances that Ford would switch the foot parking break to be an electronic one in the more normal position? While not a deal breaker I dislike the foot parking break
b) Assuming no surprises, when in 2015 would the redesign be available for delivery to new owners?

thanks

TheWombat

Back