• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign?

Bryceb

Reaction score
City, State
Acworth, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited AWD
Better than "Bold New Colors", I guess, but not something that I'm going to trade my '13 in for.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

LukerDooker

Reaction score
City, State
N.E.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013Limited 301A TuxBlack
...looks like they made sure that no one can use any of the lights to retrofit a prior model...:thumbdwn:

RedDen

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Shark fin antenna is seen, its good!
Overall, looks pretty good, I like it. Yet to see engines and features! May be 2.7 Ecoboost as an option?

Riley

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 XLT 4WD
The pictures are close but the headlights are actually more square and don't flow back as much. Plus the fog lights are exactly reversed from what they should be. Think mini versions of the '15 F150 headlights.

RedDen

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
parktronic is seen facing forward, its a must for such a big SUV, current one has only side-facing.

1995E

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
Not sure if this is actually the final design or not. I thought they might have extended the tail lights onto the liftgate. Also, this model may have the tow hitch since it looks like it has a cover. We should know next month.

Peter

LukerDooker

Reaction score
City, State
N.E.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013Limited 301A TuxBlack
parktronic is seen facing forward, its a must for such a big SUV, current one has only side-facing.
Probably the highest trim level will have both front/side cam view and frontal park assist, front sensors are currently available as an add on kit, I dont think they show up on the MFT screen though.

New Escalade has a feature called "360 view" ?,
the trend for any elite trim pkg for large SUVs is front, side, and rear cam view.

Riley

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 XLT 4WD
Probably the highest trim level will have both front/side cam view and frontal park assist, front sensors are currently available as an add on kit, I dont think they show up on the MFT screen though.

New Escalade has a feature called "360 view" ?,
the trend for any elite trim pkg for large SUVs is front, side, and rear cam view.
It will have the new Enhanced Park Assist system with forward facing 180 degree camera.

tmg19103

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT AWD
The pics are a speculative mock up.

I think they are close on the headlights from what I can gather from spy shots still under wrap.

However, I saw one spy shot with a bit of a gray/black mesh grill sticking out from under wraps that looked pretty cool. Kind of like a Range Rover.

I much prefer that and the present grill to what is depicted.

1995E

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
The Top Gear pictures look dead on accurate to me. The new Explorer looks very aggressive but it just keeps making me think of a Hyundai or Kia for some reason.

It looks like the Hyundai Santa Fe.

P

PIUtility

Those taillights look almost identical to what we have now, if you look how the small "parking" LEDs up top swoop to the sides.

interesting....

RedDen

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
They're wrong on both counts regarding the engines. The 2.0L is gone and it will not get the 2.7L.
It should get 2.7l Ecoboost since new Edge got it!

ctmhou

Reaction score
City, State
Sugar Land, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Here is what I have heard. The new 2016 will have new rear and front fascia and a new dash layout. Also, there will be a Platnium version with the Ford 2.3L Ecoboost. It's going to be in the $60k price range.

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer SPORT
The Top Gear pictures look dead on accurate to me. The new Explorer looks very aggressive but it just keeps making me think of a Hyundai or Kia for some reason.

It looks like the Hyundai Santa Fe.
They are not dead on, I have seen prototype.

See post by Riley......front driving and headlights are not final production.

Mini new 15 F150 style

sumzxr7

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT - Magnetic
They are not dead on, I have seen prototype.

See post by Riley......front driving and headlights are not final production.

Mini new 15 F150 style
Did you see the Interior? curious if it will look different

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer SPORT
Did you see the Interior? curious if it will look different
I have not seen interior, but am told IP center stack is different.

New trim level.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

TheWombat

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 CX-9; 19 Abarth 124
Hello everyone. I've been lurking on the forum for about 3 months as we're considering the Explorer Sport for mid-2015. It will be our first Ford and the Sport interests us for the 6/7 seats (3rd row would only be for occasional use), the extra space when the 3rd row is folded, and the performance vs price point.

I sat in a Sport today and understand some of the areas people have mentioned for improvement (e.g. unable to rest left elbow on door sill etc) however a couple of questions specific to the redesign that will hopefully be unveiled at the end of next month.

a) What are the chances that Ford would switch the foot parking break to be an electronic one in the more normal position? While not a deal breaker I dislike the foot parking break
b) Assuming no surprises, when in 2015 would the redesign be available for delivery to new owners?

thanks

TheWombat