• Register Today It's free!

2016 PIU key fob?

KodiakChaos

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU
Hey all. My key fob doesn’t have a rear hatch button. Did these come with that option? If so how do I go about getting it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't mind learning more about this as well. My 2017 seems to have an aftermarket fob from a company called Prestige, which seems to provide no benefit besides being able to lock/unlock.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you looked at page 49 of your Owner's Manual under Keys and Remote Control? That shows you what is available. When it gets to the power liftgate, it shows (if equipped). The Manual only appears to talk about the manual operation of it so I'm guessing that the power liftgate is not on the vehicle.

Peter

For the 16-19 PIU the only thing the hatch button does on the keyfob is start the 45 second timer that unlocks the liftgate. It doesn't pop or open it.

For the 16-19 PIU the only thing the hatch button does on the keyfob is start the 45 second timer that unlocks the liftgate. It doesn't pop or open it.
Interesting.

Back