2016 Sport creaking noise... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Sport creaking noise...

Got my creaky girl fixed on Wednesday, thank GOODNESS! That noise was horrid! Took them about three hours, now she is back to Bessie Girl 2.0 (per grandson, lol).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got my creaky girl fixed on Wednesday, thank GOODNESS! That noise was horrid! Took them about three hours, now she is back to Bessie Girl 2.0 (per grandson, lol).

I too have that same awful noise. 2016 Sport. I started to hear it at about 500 or so miles back in June. Took It to the dealer and they still cannot figure it out. It feels like I am driving an old truck. My Jeep with over 160k miles does not even make a peep. Did they say exactly what they fixed or what it is called? I am hoping I can share this with the service guys over in Walnut Creek Ford here in Nor-California.

Thanks,
Jimi

add me to the list, front passenger side, only heard under initial acceleration or braking. basically shifting weight from front to back or vice versa. We'll see what my dealer says. Ill add it to the barely working A/C seats.

Old thread but this helped with my 16 explorer with the same issue. It would clunk when turning to the right. I initial brought it in when I first noticed the noise but the dealer couldn't duplicate. The problem then got worse and started to happen more often. Thank god I found this thread with the TSB info! I brought it back to the dealer with a video and the TSB info. The service manager also was wanting to take a test drive with me and luckily the noise was there when I showed him. Even with all that, they couldn't identify the problem. They said they needed to check with Ford engineer. The next day, they confirmed they are going to perform this TSB. Because the fix involves welding as mentioned above, they need to schedule me with the body shop. I'm sure this will take care of the annoying problem that should have never happened. Thanks a bunch to jmr061 for the TSB information!

Mine was built 11/11/2015. I haven't heard this noise yet. I guess ill keep my ears open.

Kinda funny, I was just reading through this thread and saw my previous post. I now have the popping noise and it is getting more and more prevalent. Going to have to schedule a trip to the dealer.

Old thread but this helped with my 16 explorer with the same issue. It would clunk when turning to the right. I initial brought it in when I first noticed the noise but the dealer couldn't duplicate. The problem then got worse and started to happen more often. Thank god I found this thread with the TSB info! I brought it back to the dealer with a video and the TSB info. The service manager also was wanting to take a test drive with me and luckily the noise was there when I showed him. Even with all that, they couldn't identify the problem. They said they needed to check with Ford engineer. The next day, they confirmed they are going to perform this TSB. Because the fix involves welding as mentioned above, they need to schedule me with the body shop. I'm sure this will take care of the annoying problem that should have never happened. Thanks a bunch to jmr061 for the TSB information!

Update: Not sure how others repair experience has been but it's been almost 2 weeks since I dropped off the car and it's still sitting at the dealership. The service adviser tells me the body shop is backed up but he also tells me the fix is complicated and that the body shop is having trouble with the fix. Not sure which is the case, I'm a bit worried. I get the same answer each time. The only positive is the dealership has provided me with a rental but it's still very frustrating.

Update: Not sure how others repair experience has been but it's been almost 2 weeks since I dropped off the car and it's still sitting at the dealership. The service adviser tells me the body shop is backed up but he also tells me the fix is complicated and that the body shop is having trouble with the fix. Not sure which is the case, I'm a bit worried. I get the same answer each time. The only positive is the dealership has provided me with a rental but it's still very frustrating.
Welcome to the Forum Peter.:wave:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Peter.:wave:

Peter

Thank you Peter! :)

Peter

2016 Sport with 600 miles, has a creaking noise during initial acceleration, and while braking down at low speeds. Seems to be more prevalent when turning right and accelerating from a stop. It's coming from the front passenger side down low. Any ideas?

My 2016 edge sport has 24K miles. I heard this noise after 6K miles and the dealership replaced the entire steering column, which took 4 days. The noise was reduced but never went away, now it is louder and most notable at low speed turns right and left. It is a high frequency popping sound, like BBs falling on a tin roof. Very unsatisfied with this car overall, this just adds to it... apparently this is caused by the front sub frame assembly. Looks like another trip to the dealership

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you tried checking or posting on an Edge forum? Members there may have more experience with the issue.

Peter

Back