• Register Today It's free!

2016 sport front camera washer?

lsp408

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hi,

I got 2016 explorer sport and was looking over my car and noticed under front camera, there is a rectangular space on the bumper. Is this where the washer nozzle supposed to be? If so, how come mine didn't come with it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the front camera on in the display hit the front windshield washer. Does it spray anything onto the camera?

No, but I see the water coming out under the bumper and I think the nozzle is somewhere in there. So the good news is there is a front camera washer nozzle. Bad thing is I need to find it and put it back to the hole. Lol. Thanks for the advise.

Sounds like the hose is disconnected. Let me see if the routing is in the service manual.

Can't find anything in the manual.

Thanks for looking. I'll look into this more tomorrow. If I can't get it, I will probably take back to dealer and warranty it the next time I need to drop it off for service

I have the same issue on my 16 sport. I am in Montreal, and I thought it was frozen. Not the case, mine doesn`t even have water coming out of anywhere. Might seem unimportant, but I can tell you that the rear camera washer makes a huge difference during Canadian winters.

Going in to Ford tomorrow.

That sucks man. Hopefully in your case the line just frozen.

Thanks. Just took it in to Ford, it wasn`t frozen. Turns out it is a faulty nozzle, piece was ordered should have it by next week.

Cool. I have trouble accessing mine behind the grill and probably just wait til first oil change and take it to dealer

Back