2017 Explorer Sport being held at the factory | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Sport being held at the factory

Where are you guys getting this info on Plant Hold status for door handle and wiper arm?

I talk to people there almost daily and they say no such Hold exists.

Mine was ordered in August, built September 16th, it's in QC audit now and will ship end of this week.

I would challenge the dealer source of this information to see if it's a delay tactic for something else.

My dealer spoke with his zone manager and he was told they were being held. He was told none of the cars will shipped until all are approved.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sounds about right Black17Sport. The one I'm waiting on was built August 24th and it's been sitting since then. I just checked it on the Ford Vehicle Visibility website and it still lists the primary status as "in production". The ETA says "pending update".

I did some more digging there is a hold on some for a starter issue right now, but thats a quick fix so yours should be released shortly.

Should I be worrying about starters, door handles, and wiper arms -- seeing I already got mine?

If you sign up with Ford Owner website www.owner.ford.com they will show your vehicle status and any SYNC3 Updates, TSB's or Field Service Actions outstanding.

Likely yours was unaffected or it would not have been released from CAP.

Any that got released prematurely get notified.

It finally arrived! I was informed by the dealership it showed up and they even sent a picture!

Today marks 7 weeks that mine has been held. I'm in a little different situation with this Explorer being part of a bigger order and that fact that it's my "company" car. So much red tape with purchase requests, approvals, funding, etc. I understand the "tell them they can keep it" attitude but there is so much work that goes in before the vehicle is even ordered, I just have to wait it out.

Now, if this was my personal Explorer, I believe I would have to back up and regroup. Seven weeks seems a bit excessive to hold one. I ordered, had built and took possession of a brand new F150 in less than 7 weeks. I realize there are two plants that build F150's but this was a King Ranch and those are only built at Kansas City so I feel like I'm making a fair comparison.

I've reached out to Ford in multiple ways and all the info I can get is the confirmation that the vehicle is being "held". I will say that the Ford Customer Service rep that monitors this forum has been the biggest help of all!

It finally arrived! I was informed by the dealership it showed up and they even sent a picture!
That is great, Black17Sport! Congrats and enjoy!!

Today marks 7 weeks that mine has been held. I'm in a little different situation with this Explorer being part of a bigger order and that fact that it's my "company" car. So much red tape with purchase requests, approvals, funding, etc. I understand the "tell them they can keep it" attitude but there is so much work that goes in before the vehicle is even ordered, I just have to wait it out.

Now, if this was my personal Explorer, I believe I would have to back up and regroup. Seven weeks seems a bit excessive to hold one. I ordered, had built and took possession of a brand new F150 in less than 7 weeks. I realize there are two plants that build F150's but this was a King Ranch and those are only built at Kansas City so I feel like I'm making a fair comparison.

I've reached out to Ford in multiple ways and all the info I can get is the confirmation that the vehicle is being "held". I will say that the Ford Customer Service rep that monitors this forum has been the biggest help of all!
Thank you for the kind words, Inane222!

Deysha

Interesting. Had a chance to pick up the Sport I wanted from a dealer 500 km away. The first Ford I have ever puchased by the way. Decided to give the purchase to a local dealer as a factory order. They told me 8 weeks........" Looks like my first experience as a Ford owner is off to a great start.

8+ weeks for a factory order is pretty standard, regardless of brand. But I think you'll really like it once you get yours!

Wanted to provide some quick follow up, my unit finally hit our Ford fleet dealer today (17' PIU, Ecoboost). Today is 13 weeks to the day that the vehicle was actually produced.

Ordered 7-12-16
Produced 8-24-16
Delivered 11-23-16

Glad it's here but still working to find out what exactly the issue was. Got a few clues as to why but want to see if I can find out for sure.

Congrats on the new vehicle, but holy crap, you're right, that is a long time.

Back