2017 Explorer XLT Climate control unresponsive | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer XLT Climate control unresponsive

Hebertonium

Reaction score
City, State
Saltillo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Hi there everyone, I'm here trying to find a solution for the climate control with the touchscreen in my recently bought 2017 Explorer XLT. AC works fine in the front zone and I can control it using the buttons below the audio buttons but when trying to operate using the touchscreen (I'm not really sure but seems to be Sync 2) they don't respond, it neither shows the temperature and the AC appears as turned off. AC at Rear zone doesn't work, air only goes out until the front fan speed is really high but not at low levels, rear buttons don't work. Touchscreen works fine for the radio/media, settings features, in this case what doesn't work are the volume, next/back buttons at the steering wheel. Anyone who can give me an idea of what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The Explorer went to Sync 3 with the 2016 model. Are you able to try a Master Reset from the screen? It will reset back to factory settings and you will lose some saved memory settings.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The Explorer went to Sync 3 with the 2016 model. Are you able to try a Master Reset from the screen? It will reset back to factory settings and you will lose some saved memory settings.

Peter
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I did a little research and find some interesting facts. My system looks like a Sync with MFT (looking at pictures on the internet) but checking at Ford web site with the VIN the result is that it should have Sync 3. I recently bought the Explorer and I'm not sure if the previous owner did a downgrade (that doesn't make sense for me).
  • What is the risk If I try the master reset?
  • can I consider to upgrade to SYNC 3? I see there are a lot of option in the aftermarket.

Back