2017 Sport second row question (s) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Sport second row question (s)

Rosscopeco

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Sport
Av searched a little with no luck (Pretty decent search feature on here)

I have aquired a 17 sport with 2nd row buckets & console.

1) If I pull the console, do I need any trim pieces to go in the gap?

2) Anybody have or know of quality seat covers for the buckets?

My two kids are nicknamed the 'Trash Pak' for reasons only a parent will know.

3) I assume if I buy a Sport 60 split section of the bench, it will bolt in no worries?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
#1, see this thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ing-if-you-remove-the-2nd-row-console.365873/
You would also need that rectangular piece shown in post 23, second picture which I believe covers the mounting points.
#2, do you have heated 2nd row buckets? If so it is not advisable to put seat covers on them.
#3, I'm guessing that you have the inflatable seat belts for the 2nd row buckets. If you do, then you may have an issue adding the 60 part of a bench. My understanding is that the device that inflates the belt is built into and under the seat. Although there are bench seats with those belts as well, I'm not sure what is involved in disconnecting them.

Peter

Some awesome info thank you very much.

1) That's a shame the carpet is cut. Maybe I will invest in that mat if I ever pull the console.

2) No I have not aquired second row heated seats. I would be really interested in some covers for the buckets, if anyone has any info / links?

3) Blowey up seats belts, check. I had a look and it appears to be no connection to the seat. Only mechanical / electrical connections seem to be for the electric seat tippy majigy.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
#1, see this thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ing-if-you-remove-the-2nd-row-console.365873/
You would also need that rectangular piece shown in post 23, second picture which I believe covers the mounting points.
#2, do you have heated 2nd row buckets? If so it is not advisable to put seat covers on them.
#3, I'm guessing that you have the inflatable seat belts for the 2nd row buckets. If you do, then you may have an issue adding the 60 part of a bench. My understanding is that the device that inflates the belt is built into and under the seat. Although there are bench seats with those belts as well, I'm not sure what is involved in disconnecting them.

Peter

Back