2018 Escape issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Escape issue

Must be the same person who found the place to install the Explorer cabin fuse box.:D

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It sounds like you have some sort of drain going that slowly drains the battery when car is off, OR the alternator is weak and not able to keep the battery charged during normal driving (slowly letting it go dead), OR the battery itself is weak/internally shorting or something.
It would seem that any competent dealer could find and resolve this with basic electrical testing. I would ask them which specific test they performed to rule out each of the above possible causes.

Beyond that, for sake of trying something - I would push for a new battery since its cheap and has been a common failure.

It sounds like you have some sort of drain going that slowly drains the battery when car is off, OR the alternator is weak and not able to keep the battery charged during normal driving (slowly letting it go dead), OR the battery itself is weak/internally shorting or something.
It would seem that any competent dealer could find and resolve this with basic electrical testing. I would ask them which specific test they performed to rule out each of the above possible causes.

Beyond that, for sake of trying something - I would push for a new battery since its cheap and has been a common failure.
Battery was found to be defective and it's being replaced. the past reason they did not find issue was because they never kept the car this long to test battery. Today they went to turn car on and were able to diagnose properly. The next issue is the seat control and the ford pass app.

Must be the same person who found the place to install the Explorer cabin fuse box.:D

Peter
Battery was found to be defective and it's being replaced. the past reason they did not find issue was because they never kept the car this long to test battery. Today they went to turn car on and were able to diagnose properly. The next issue is the seat control and the ford pass app.

Peter
Well the problem was the battery. know the other issue is the Ford Pass, stopped working. The tech guys tell me that the modem needs to be reboot, refreshed or replace does anyone know where is this modem on the 2018 Escape or how to reboot it ? Please advise this car is getting to me already. Ford engineerings is to get back to me for the last 20 days and they have not. Ford C/S SUCKS....THEY DONT FOLLOW UP !!!

Back