• Register Today It's free!

2018 Ford Explorer LED bulbs

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello everyone, I purchased Sylvania LED bulbs for the reverse lights and turn signals for both the front and back. They work just fine at regular speed externally but I am getting the hyper flash on the inside which is really annoying. I then went out and got the Sylvania resistors but they are hard to install for two reasons: 1) there is very little room in the front between the 3 wires that connect to the turn signal bulb and 2) I don't know which wire they go through.

Has anyone ever done this to avoid hyper flash on the newer explorers?

3FA84E1C-74EE-4597-9364-40AA155EC4DE.jpeg

0E290B2B-C222-482F-AD15-CCE8C1FAA393.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everyone, I purchased Sylvania LED bulbs for the reverse lights and turn signals for both the front and back. They work just fine at regular speed externally but I am getting the hyper flash on the inside which is really annoying. I then went out and got the Sylvania resistors but they are hard to install for two reasons: 1) there is very little room in the front between the 3 wires that connect to the turn signal bulb and 2) I don't know which wire they go through.

Has anyone ever done this to avoid hyper flash on the newer explorers?

View attachment 168506

View attachment 168507

I used these units for the back, they come with a built-in resistor, so no hyperflash.

LASFIT 7440 No Hyper Flash LED Turn Signal Light for Nissan Pathfinder 2013-2016 792855196907 | eBay

No resistors needed, turn off the bulb out hyperflash mode with Forscan.

How do i do that? I paid for the app and downloaded but its not connecting to the explorer. I see there is something called ELM that i need to get? I have an iphone and a macbook air. Would it work if i get the wifi version for iphone and use it on my mac? Sorry just new to this. Just need the step by step process.

How do i do that? I paid for the app and downloaded but its not connecting to the explorer. I see there is something called ELM that i need to get? I have an iphone and a macbook air. Would it work if i get the wifi version for iphone and use it on my mac? Sorry just new to this. Just need the step by step process.

Read through Forscans website, all the information you're looking for is there. A quick google search would bring it up. Here is a comparison of their products on their site - Comparsion of FORScan applications

There are a multitude of instructional videos and articles available, just depends on what format you want it in.

However, I would like to say, that if you are this unsure of how Forscan works in general, I would advise you to hold off on using it until you have done some more research. Forscan is a very powerful tool that can allow you to do some fun modifications to your vehicle. The flipside to that is that you if you don't know what you're doing and make an accidental change to a key component you can end bricking, or even worse, modifying the safety of your vehicle so as to render it a danger to yourself and others.

I was able to get in and disable hyper flash and also enable climate control from the steeringwheel. My 2013 had that option. Why did ford do away with it from 2014 til now? One of my favorite options

53D43727-C8C5-4FE0-9C43-86CE97E8207A.jpeg

So just for my own clarification...

If I replace the Front and Rear stock turn signal bulbs (2018 Sport) with LED turn signal lights... without a built in resistor or installing a resistor... they will flash at the correct rate as viewed from the outside.

From the inside of the car i'll hear the turn signal indicating in hyper flash "mode"
Is that correct??

Thanks for indulging my lack of knowledge !! :)

So just for my own clarification...

If I replace the Front and Rear stock turn signal bulbs (2018 Sport) with LED turn signal lights... without a built in resistor or installing a resistor... they will flash at the correct rate as viewed from the outside.

From the inside of the car i'll hear the turn signal indicating in hyper flash "mode"
Is that correct??

Thanks for indulging my lack of knowledge !! :)

Correct, forscan will fix it.

Back