2019 Explorer Horn Sound | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Explorer Horn Sound

One horn in the 19 Explorer, too? I have a 18 SHO I bought new, and 19 was the last year. One of the things "decontented" for 19 was one horn.

I'm thinking my 16 PIU will b e getting a Hadley Bully air horn kit at some point. I have these in my 05 Excursion since almost new. This kit has the big rig horns, but in black to hid behind the grill. Plenty loud.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My horn on a 2019 Sport was weak from the beginning, now it sounds even weaker. Is there a better horn and what's required to change it?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As others have posted, take a look and see if you have a single or dual setup and let us know. You likely just have the single as others in this thread that moved yours to.

Peter

Hi all, new to this forum and new to the world of Explorers. I just picked up my first Sport this past weekend and so far I truly love it. My only, albeit odd, complaint is this really strange, low pitch, almost whiney sound of the horn. It sounds like one you'd find in a car in the 1970's. I asked my dealer and he said that it was normal for this model unfortunately. I've had my fair share of 2017-18 Explorer Limited rental cars and do not recall this sound, so I am taking his word with a grain of salt. Does anyone have any information? Seems like a stupid thing to obsess about but it was barely audible on the road this morning. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Yes my Ford Explorer 2019 has a low horn in it too so I'm going to exchange it out for a new one that's a truck or police horns while I'm doing that cuz my horn on my vehicle quit

Yes my Ford Explorer 2019 has a low horn in it too so I'm going to exchange it out for a new one that's a truck or police horns while I'm doing that cuz my horn on my vehicle quit
Welcome to the Forum Russell. :wave:
Did you ever check to see if you have just a single horn instead of the dual one? I find the dual one plenty loud the few times I've used it.

Peter

Yeah, it's 1 horn. I swapped to 2 *plug n play* factory horns and it did little to no difference to folks cutting me off and the one person who still clipped me. Let us see pics of the install if you go through with it. I wanted the air horn but my luck I would still get an impersonating charge.

Back