2020 Aviator Reserve 1 Crystal Copper Ordered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Aviator Reserve 1 Crystal Copper Ordered

ParkM

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve 1
After a year of looking and going blind reading, I've settled in on the Aviator. For most of that year I've been in love with the Explorer Platinum but Lincoln won me in the end. My configuration was: RWD, Sandstone interior, Elements Plus, standard wheels and Luxury Package. Build and delivery are said to be 60-90 days out. Pricing through Costco in San Diego looks like:

MSRP $65,900
Invoice 61,851
Costco pricing 62,851
Rebate -2,000 (current owners of other luxury brand vehicles)
Sale price $60,851
Sales tax 4,896
DMV, etc. 820
Out the door $66,567
.9% 3-yr. promo. financing avail.

There has been a huge amount of material to absorb and still there are risks with this purchase. I am indebted to the hundreds of owner posts that have forced me to think through this purchase and to the moderators who keep the process flowing and add just the perfect color commentary to keep us all together.

As was said by another member, now I wait.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats, hope all goes smoothly. Very nice choice.

Happy so far with my Platinum, but only about 300 miles in. We'll see what happens over the next several weeks.

Dealer called to say delivery is expected at end of year. I have a VIN and the window sticker showing a blend date of 12/3. I can't bring the VIN # up on Ford's tracking site. It says it is unable to process an invalid VIN. Perhaps too soon. Getting close.
/park

Some clarity today. I've been running the Aviator VIN on Ford's tracking site and coming up with nothing. I called Lincoln's "Concierge" number today and learned there is no way to track production of a Lincoln like you can a Ford. But, the Consierge does have some minimal access to data. In my case the Aviator was shipped on the 9th and is currently listed as "In Transit." So, for me, it has been 7 weeks from order to ship.
/park

Some clarity today. I've been running the Aviator VIN on Ford's tracking site and coming up with nothing. I called Lincoln's "Concierge" number today and learned there is no way to track production of a Lincoln like you can a Ford. But, the Consierge does have some minimal access to data. In my case the Aviator was shipped on the 9th and is currently listed as "In Transit." So, for me, it has been 7 weeks from order to ship.
/park
That information is incorrect. IF you are sure that you have the correct serial number, you can track an Aviator on the "shop.ford.com" website. I've been following my Aviator for a couple of months on that website. The Concierge thing is a waste of time. They contact you once every two weeks and they don't have as much information as you can obtain on this website.

That information is incorrect. IF you are sure that you have the correct serial number, you can track an Aviator on the "shop.ford.com" website. I've been following my Aviator for a couple of months on that website. The Concierge thing is a waste of time. They contact you once every two weeks and they don't have as much information as you can obtain on this website.
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll recheck the url I’m using!!
/park

The puzzle continues. I've followed up on Zeeb's experience that he can track his Aviator on shop.ford.com. The VIN appears correct and I can match it to a dealer status sheet and a dealer e-mail. Still getting error message that Ford is, "unable to process the VIN." I've tried a browser change and multiple data entry tries. I've kicked this back to the dealer once again to see if they can come up with an answer. Maybe my Aviator wants to live at the factory...:eek:
/park

The puzzle continues. I've followed up on Zeeb's experience that he can track his Aviator on shop.ford.com. The VIN appears correct and I can match it to a dealer status sheet and a dealer e-mail. Still getting error message that Ford is, "unable to process the VIN." I've tried a browser change and multiple data entry tries. I've kicked this back to the dealer once again to see if they can come up with an answer. Maybe my Aviator wants to live at the factory...:eek:
/park

I've never seen a Lincoln that can be tracked or heard of one being able to be until Zeeb.

I've never seen a Lincoln that can be tracked or heard of one being able to be until Zeeb.
Well all I did was to copy the link in the first part of this forum and add my serial number. Initially it didn't work but it turned out I had one mistyped character in the serial number.

Not sure if this is going to work as it's a .png file, I'm trying to partially copy my data sheet and cannot figure out how to turn it into a .pdf or other format....

Capture.PNG

I’m thinking I may have gotten the number wrong too but the dealer sent me an internal report of some kind with my name and the VIN showing and I input that number and get an error. Thought maybe it could be a browser cache issue so I tried a browser I hadn’t used before. No change. It’s supposedly only 2 weeks away from delivery so this is all kind of nonsense on my part. For now it’s a bit of just sport. Thanks for all the comments.
/park

Well folks, pardon the pretentious pix but the journey is ready to start! About a year of research and test drives and 79 days of waiting on the factory and my new toy is here. Having traded from a Jag, I have to say Lincoln has done a very nice job. I have like no miles on it yet but 1st impressions are great and 1st observations are that there are no fit-and-finish issues or other problems. Now I just have to spend some time with it. My significant other had the bright idea to sit in the 2nd row and video as the sales guy went thru the delivery process. No way my memory could capture all he was telling me. My plan is to learn all the controls and then apply to NASA... The Forum has been an invaluable resource as folks share all that has happened to them and all they are looking for in a car. Thanks folks!
/park
PS-And yes, Peter, I will be updating my profile as soon as I figure out how!:)
1.jpg

Beautiful vehicle ... love the color. :wave:

Congratulations, we moved from a Jag to the Aviator too. Enjoy!1

Back