2020 Explorer Lift Kit Options? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post number 5 has been selected as best answered.

emco

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
still shopping
Anyone heard tell of a lifted 2020 explorer? I'm looking into getting an ST and lifting/leveling just a smidge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Using the Forum's 'Search' function I was not able to find any posts about lifting a 2020. There was one on lowering.
Just keep in mind that if you are going to 'level' it, you will probably have to also adjust/aim the headlights.

Peter

Hopefully some designated off-road shops could figure out a way to lift an Explorer. Although I don’t see the purpose of lifting an ST. It’s made for sporty road driving, not off-road. I think an XLT with 18” wheels is a better platform for an off-road build.

Anyone have photos of this kit installed?

Anyone have photos of this kit installed?
Screenshot from install video.
7BD3E985-1F58-4503-B5D8-70C57DEEE4E4.jpeg

I ordered a lift this past Sunday, once it arrives and I have it installed I will post before and after photos. I have not received conformation that it has shipped yet so it may be awhile

I ordered a lift this past Sunday, once it arrives and I have it installed I will post before and after photos. I have not received conformation that it has shipped yet so it may be awhile

Free one year Elite membership if you can video record the installation process:chug:

I have a rock driveway and no air tools. The installation video on YouTube doesn't look too challenging. I'll most likely pay someone to install it.

Is this safe in the long run? Also, how will this impact the fuel distribution system and other fluids, since it changes the original lean angle of the vehicle

Is this safe in the long run? Also, how will this impact the fuel distribution system and other fluids, since it changes the original lean angle of the vehicle
It should be safe but the headlights may have to be realigned. It could also possibly affect parts of the warranty if a part failure was attributed to the modification.

Peter

I'm having the 4WD Traxda kit installed within the next 2 weeks. 2020 XLT with stock 255/65/18 tires. Hoping it makes a noticeable difference in the stance of the Explorer, and it will keep my wife from scraping on concrete parking barriers. :)

I'm having the 4WD Traxda kit installed within the next 2 weeks. 2020 XLT with stock 255/65/18 tires. Hoping it makes a noticeable difference in the stance of the Explorer, and it will keep my wife from scraping on concrete parking barriers. :)
Post pictures when it's complete. I have the kit sitting at my house but have a lot going on ATM. I'll probably install the kit after the new year

Post pictures when it's complete. I have the kit sitting at my house but have a lot going on ATM. I'll probably install the kit after the new y
Just picked it up from the shop. Very happy with the way it came out. Noticeable difference in the stance with the Traxda kit.

After_Lift.jpg

Before_Lift (2).jpg

Front_After.jpg

Front_Before.jpg

Rear_After.jpg

Rear_Before.jpg

Curious if anyone has taken apart the ex timerline and looked into how they "lifted" it.

Otherwise this lift may be the only one? Looks good.
It is a spacer kit.
102070-Explorer-2020-AWD-1.png

Anyone heard tell of a lifted 2020 explorer? I'm looking into getting an ST and lifting/leveling just a smidge.
I just had the Traxda 2" installed on my 2020

Curious if anyone has taken apart the ex timerline and looked into how they "lifted" it.

The Timberline doesn't have a suspension lift of any kind. It has 0.6 inch larger diameter tires and PIU springs and shocks "tuned" for off-road. The "lift" comes from the larger tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Timberline doesn't have a suspension lift of any kind. It has 0.6 inch larger diameter tires and PIU springs and shocks "tuned" for off-road. The "lift" comes from the larger tires.
Which is the only way* any useful lift is achieved, as suspension lifts and body lifts only exist to create greater clearance for larger tires.**

* Portal axles notwithstanding.
** TBF, they also create greater approach/departure angles and the opportunity for increased suspension travel, but that’s not “lift”.

Back