2020 explorer only one light on after turn engine off? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 explorer only one light on after turn engine off?

Joelscott13

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer xlt
When I turn my car off, only one stays on. It used to be both and it’s driving me
Crazy

8447AABC-D90F-4680-8286-01DEAF8EB570.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check to see if both DRLs are working the next time you get a chance. It's possible the left hand one is actually inop.

Check to see if both DRLs are working the next time you get a chance. It's possible the left hand one is actually inop.
Yes both come on immediately one start engine. Only after parking and engine is turned off and I exit vehicle

Yes both come on immediately one start engine. Only after parking and engine is turned off and I exit vehicle
That's odd enough to warrant a trip to the dealer.

Are they both supposed to turn OFF or remain ON?

Peter

before you make a trip to the dealer you might want to just unplug the negative battery cable and let it set for 30 minutes to see if it will reset what every gremlin is causing this issue. I have noticed that the Explorer makes some unusual automation noises as it goes through system start ups and shut downs.

before you make a trip to the dealer you might want to just unplug the negative battery cable and let it set for 30 minutes to see if it will reset what every gremlin is causing this issue. I have noticed that the Explorer makes some unusual automation noises as it goes through system start ups and shut downs.
So I’m new to the new car game. I’ve used this truck on my 1995 bronco and 2004 Nissan work truck. I’m assuming this is still safe?

Yeah, both are supposed to be on unless the blinker on that side is on which I can see is not in your case so I guess the led strip is blown which is surprising because LED's are supposed to last a very very long time. Or maybe it is just a fuse or some loose connection.

So I’m new to the new car game. I’ve used this truck on my 1995 bronco and 2004 Nissan work truck. I’m assuming this is still safe?

I would try it on mine, but our Explorer is in the shop waiting on a seat pig tail to clear an airbag fault code. I noticed that the ECU on these Explorers is on the passengers side wheel well and the battery has a big old plastic cover over it not making for easy access. This actually makes no sense to me as to why would Ford place the battery in that location.

Are they both supposed to turn OFF or remain ON?

Peter
Both remain on. I shut down in front of a glass door and am able to observe the light sequence.

Yeah, both are supposed to be on unless the blinker on that side is on which I can see is not in your case so I guess the led strip is blown which is surprising because LED's are supposed to last a very very long time. Or maybe it is just a fuse or some loose connection.
OP says they both work when the engine's running.

OP says they both work when the engine's running.

In that case it is not the led or the fuse, something else is wrong, Dealer diagnosis required?

Back