Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
You can get the orange turn led strip to run as DRL with the white led strip or as position lights but nobody seems to know how to turn the white led strip off like the PIU vehicles have. Some have said it might be a difference in wiring.

Which forscan setting is required for turn signals with position light?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which forscan setting is required for turn signals with position light?
It's in the BCM module. Simply toggle the turn lights to DRL and TURN or TURN and POSITION.

It's in the BCM module. Simply toggle the turn lights to DRL and TURN or TURN and POSITION.

"DRL and Turn" worked for me, but "Turn and Position" leads to the fact that my blinker signal remains constantly on and flashing is no longer possible. 🫤

"DRL and Turn" worked for me, but "Turn and Position" leads to the fact that my blinker signal remains constantly on and flashing is no longer possible. 🫤
Right. That's the conundrum here. Nobody can figure out how to replace the white led strip with the orange one in functionality while still having the turn signal work correctly.

Some have said it may be due to a difference in wiring from civilian Explorers and PIUs.

Right. That's the conundrum here. Nobody can figure out how to replace the white led strip with the orange one in functionality while still having the turn signal work correctly.

Some have said it may be due to a difference in wiring from civilian Explorers and PIUs.

So, is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of when the low beam comes on? I would like it to come on quite late, really only when it gets dark, at the moment the light comes on when it is cloudy.

So, is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of when the low beam comes on? I would like it to come on quite late, really only when it gets dark, at the moment the light comes on when it is cloudy.
I would think that to be a hardware matter, not a software matter. I could be wrong and other, more knowledgeable members may be able to provide more info.

I would think that to be a hardware matter, not a software matter. I could be wrong and other, more knowledgeable members may be able to provide more info.

Ok, thank you, i will take a look into the last pages, maybe i can find something useful

I think that would be a good thing. Obviously the sensor has detected the requirement for headlights to be ON. I don't believe there us a sensitivity setting for the sensor. At least not that anyone has reported.

Peter

First, as we all feel, a HUGE THANKS to @PlatinumOwner the spreadsheet is amazing and be a huge help. I just got a '22 Timberline a few weeks ago, gave up my '18 F-150, so I'm trying to play around and get all my setting from that onto my Explorer. I see the common ones we all want (# of blinks and Global open/close being the biggest) but I have 2 I haven't stumbled on yet and haven't seen asked (apologizes if they have and I've missed it).

1. has anyone found a way to get the current gear to display full time on the cluster? when I'm in manual it shows, but I got real used to seeing it on my truck, so I just would like it back.
2. anyone found a way, this could be a setting in the vehicle and not FORSCAN, to make it stop beeping when I open and shut the rear trunk door? I like my vehicle to make as few beeps and honks as possible.

2. anyone found a way, this could be a setting in the vehicle and not FORSCAN, to make it stop beeping when I open and shut the rear trunk door? I like my vehicle to make as few beeps and honks as possible.
Unless they have changed this, the chimes should only sound when the liftgate closes. This is a warning.

Peter

Unless they have changed this, the chimes should only sound when the liftgate closes. This is a warning.

Peter
Could very well be true, I'm usually busy yelling at my kids to stop hitting each other and get in the car when I'm opening it. Closing it is the only time it's quiet enough for me to notice it, haha. Still would like it to stop beeping though 🤣

I apologize if this has been addressed before but I always have issues using the search function :confused:

I just got my 22 Timberline and I want to swap out the rear TURNS and REVerse to LED and do NOT want to get lights that require a resistor. I always thought that was a silly way to stop the hyper flash since it generates heat. It may not be much but still.... I will never know why Ford insists on keeping those regular lamps.

Also, Amazon has a ton of those LEDs but they always seem to say they are not compatible. Others have said they will work regardless of the non-compatibility. Any suggestions there?

Anyway, I've downloaded FORScan and will run it but wanted to see if anyone else had changed the BCM to disable the light out warning for the rear signals. I did this successfully in my 2015 EX but that was a long time ago.

And the biggie - has anyone attempted to disable the Auto Start/Stop from the module?

Lots of questions on this post. :oops:

I apologize if this has been addressed before but I always have issues using the search function :confused:

I just got my 22 Timberline and I want to swap out the rear TURNS and REVerse to LED and do NOT want to get lights that require a resistor. I always thought that was a silly way to stop the hyper flash since it generates heat. It may not be much but still.... I will never know why Ford insists on keeping those regular lamps.

Also, Amazon has a ton of those LEDs but they always seem to say they are not compatible. Others have said they will work regardless of the non-compatibility. Any suggestions there?

Anyway, I've downloaded FORScan and will run it but wanted to see if anyone else had changed the BCM to disable the light out warning for the rear signals. I did this successfully in my 2015 EX but that was a long time ago.

And the biggie - has anyone attempted to disable the Auto Start/Stop from the module?

Lots of questions on this post. :oops:
Here is the link to the Forscan discussion. 2020 FORSCAN Discussion
I sure that it has been used to disable the hyper flash. Auto stop/start I've seen people have done it but also seen reports of it failing. No personal experience with it far. Good luck.

I sure that it has been used to disable the hyper flash. Auto stop/start I've seen people have done it but also seen reports of it failing. No personal experience with it far. Good luck.
Thanks for the quick response! I appreciate it.

But, that is where I posted this question... but thanks anyway...

Check post #37 That might help.
I did see that one and thanks - it makes sense and looks like the same for the one I did for the 2015 Ex.

I was also wondering if anyone has done this to an actual 22 Ex yet. I'll update when I get to trying it on mine. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On post 221 PlatinumOwner has a spread sheet that might help.

Back