2020 Magnetic ST Ordered | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Magnetic ST Ordered

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I could explain this a little more... status as of Saturday is it is sitting on a ramp now. You would see this when released from the plant for transition to the delivery carrier. However it still shows "in production". My guess is it will stay that way (in production) until the reinspection happens from "ok to buy". Then again, status usually says "produced" once built so it may mean it is waiting on repair and sitting at a ramp.

Unfortunately I am purely speculating/guessing as I've never seen "in production" yet at a ramp with the delivery carriers name (who is taking it from the plant).

In Production - Origin Received - SI SEAST (Cassens TransportCo ) Ramp 06, Chicago Asy, IL Jun-01-2019, 03:00 CT.

Unfortunately I am purely speculating/guessing as I've never seen "in production" yet at a ramp with the delivery carriers name (who is taking it from the plant).

In Production - Origin Received - SI SEAST (Cassens TransportCo ) Ramp 06, Chicago Asy, IL Jun-01-2019, 03:00 CT.

Thanks, your speculation is exactly what I would speculate. Ford has to put the vehicles somewhere to wait for reinspection, might as well be on the ramp.

Now we play the waiting game. At least I can troll the Cassens site directly to see when it shows up in their system, they allow tracking by VIN and as of right now, it’s not in there.

I too ordered a Magnetic ST. Please post more pics of it. There has been only 1 pick.

Thanks, your speculation is exactly what I would speculate. Ford has to put the vehicles somewhere to wait for reinspection, might as well be on the ramp.

Now we play the waiting game. At least I can troll the Cassens site directly to see when it shows up in their system, they allow tracking by VIN and as of right now, it’s not in there.

My guess, driven somewhere for repair..

In Production - Returned from Offsite Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jun-06-2019, 00:00 EDT.

My guess, driven somewhere for repair..

In Production - Returned from Offsite Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jun-06-2019, 00:00 EDT.

Thanks and ugh! Even worse, I need to renew my drivers license in less than a month. I was hoping to avoid two trips to the BMV, but that is shot now. To be fair I guess, Ford said not to expect to see any until July. Hopefully they are still on track for that.

Thanks and ugh! Even worse, I need to renew my drivers license in less than a month. I was hoping to avoid two trips to the BMV, but that is shot now. To be fair I guess, Ford said not to expect to see any until July. Hopefully they are still on track for that.

Nothing has changed with yours as of this morning. Same status as June 12th.

For those keeping score, I just noticed that the invoice date on mine with a build date of 5/21 flipped to 6/25/19, it had been stuck at 5/8 and without the EPA mileage. Now it has the EPA mileage. Hopefully (and it's just hope) that means mine will be on one of the next trucks to Columbus.

Also, because I have a bad case of OCD, I've been able to track Explorers on the Cassens site bound for Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and some Michigan destinations. I'm not sure if they ship beyond that for the Explorer. I just try to find the biggest Ford dealer in each major metropolitan area, then look them up on Cassens, then check their deliveries.

What is the average build time for an Explorer? 2-3 days?

I think 24 hours would be the upper limit.

I think 24 hours would be the upper limit.

I'd agree but there are other factors. Are they running 24hours (not sure) and they definitely are not running full speed.

Guys, if anyone sees any Magnetic Grey ST's, please post a pick. There is only pick that was taken on page 2 of this post by someone that has connections at the factory.

Guys, if anyone sees any Magnetic Grey ST's, please post a pick. There is only pick that was taken on page 2 of this post by someone that has connections at the factory.

Im trying!

I was able to test drive this one last Wednesday. It was the first one to be delivered to this dealer. It drove well. The suspension was firm, not harsh, and the engine noise was very throaty. It sounded great. Very impressive.
66B40E0C-544A-4BDF-8981-CF263318A43A.jpeg
555D35BB-CDB0-46EF-AADF-3EE6A8C9967C.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^^ Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Thanks for that post.

Peter

Back