• Register Today It's free!

2020 Rear shocks torque settings?

Mr Soto

Reaction score
City, State
Altoona, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Hi, I just ordered the Steeda rear shocks for my 2020 XLT and am looking to swap them as soon as they arrive.

Does anyone have a clue about the torque setting on these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few weeks ago I installed new PIU OEM shocks on my 2021 Platinum and followed factory specs for new hardware.
I used 2 new upper bolts at 76 ft lb and 1 new lower nut at 59 ft lb.
The ride/handling improvement was significant. Especially since the original shocks were leaking badly.

A few weeks ago I installed new PIU OEM shocks on my 2021 Platinum and followed factory specs for new hardware.
I used 2 new upper bolts at 76 ft lb and 1 new lower nut at 59 ft lb.
The ride/handling improvement was significant. Especially since the original shocks were leaking badly.
Thank you, did you just plug and play them?

Once the vehicle is jacked up and the tire removed it's a 15 minute job.
The two bolts and one nut per shock were easy to remove as was the shock itself. New hardware made it just as easy to reassemble.

Additional install information

Additional install information
I just received the shocks, not sure if they are all right since one of the plastic caps is broken.

SHOCKS 2.JPEG

One of my caps was smashed in the box as well. I carefully pried off the cap from the old one and stuck it on the new shock. I think you should be fine leaving it as is as well.

One of my caps was smashed in the box as well. I carefully pried off the cap from the old one and stuck it on the new shock. I think you should be fine leaving it as is as well.
Steeda as well?

Steeda as well?
No, Motorcraft. I hate to tell you but supposedly the Steeda's are simply Motorcraft ST shocks and struts at a higher price point--at least compared to discount Ford parts dealerslike Levittown Ford.

No, Motorcraft. I hate to tell you but supposedly the Steeda's are simply Motorcraft ST shocks and struts at a higher price point--at least compared to discount Ford parts dealerslike Levittown Ford.
Yeah, I concluded the same after examination in situ. The customer service is not great either.

Just finished the job, should have taken some pics, sorry.

Bolts and nuts at 76 and 59 as @Pedro504 indicated, and popped out the cap on the old one as @themishmosh suggested.

The only «setback» was adjusting the shock since it was larger; however, I was able to solve this problem by using a second jack and slowly compressing it until it fit inside.

Took a ride around the block and everything seemed all right.

Back