2020 ST Tuning | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST Tuning

Has anyone used one of these yet? Any recommendations?

Yes, there are a few folks here that have. See this thread for info on the Livernois tune;
Muahahaha

Other popular tunes are 5 Star and Palm Beach Dyno. Not sure anyone can tell you one is better than the other with any real data.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford Explorer ST vs Dodge Durango SRT Drag Race - Can a $600 Tune Beat America's Fastest 3-Row SUV?

The Dodge Durango SRT and Ford Explorer ST are two high performance 3-row SUV's with two very different approaches toward speed. The Durango SRT has a naturally aspirated 6.4 liter with 475 horsepower while the Explorer ST has a twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 and a ten speed automatic. While both of these models are aimed at performance and family hauling capability, which is actually the quickest in a drag race? In this video we are going to find out!

^ They ran e50 fuel (not pump) in the video above, cant really judge anything off that.

Ford Explorer ST vs Dodge Durango SRT Drag Race - Can a $600 Tune Beat America's Fastest 3-Row SUV?

The Dodge Durango SRT and Ford Explorer ST are two high performance 3-row SUV's with two very different approaches toward speed. The Durango SRT has a naturally aspirated 6.4 liter with 475 horsepower while the Explorer ST has a twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 and a ten speed automatic. While both of these models are aimed at performance and family hauling capability, which is actually the quickest in a drag race? In this video we are going to find out!

This was posted on here already and as stated, E50.. no point in these videos when it is not normal pump fuel we all run.

That's what dsteward51 just said??? Or am I confused?
No, I am just new to tuning and E50 fuel blend and wanted to clarify his short reply. As to a duplicate posting, I checked and did not see one. Let know and I can delete this one? YouTube posted the Ford Explorer ST vs Dodge Durango SRT Drag Race Video on November 7 and it has had 636,270 views and 2,715 Comments. I thought it would be ok to share with the forum, maybe not?

No, I am just new to tuning and E50 fuel blend and wanted to clarify his short reply. As to a duplicate posting, I checked and did not see one. Let know and I can delete this one? YouTube posted the Ford Explorer ST vs Dodge Durango SRT Drag Race Video on November 7 and it has had 636,270 views and 2,715 Comments. I thought it would be ok to share with the forum, maybe not?

Tuned ST vs Stock ST vs Stock SRT

E85 is not available everywhere and fuel mileage drops significantly, like 30-45% drop. The performance potential is fantastic with its 108 octane, it allows high boost and very aggressive injection and ignition timing. E85 is like street legal race gas, but using it alone wont do much for you unless you have a tune that can make use of the fuels octane, and then you will need to fill up often.

That's why I mentioned the video is really misleading. They should have run on pump 91 or 93 for all vehicles to get a real world comparison, but it would not have been nearly as dramatic.

E85 is not available everywhere and fuel mileage drops significantly, like 30-45% drop. The performance potential is fantastic with its 108 octane, it allows high boost and very aggressive injection and ignition timing. E85 is like street legal race gas, but using it alone wont do much for you unless you have a tune that can make use of the fuels octane, and then you will need to fill up often.

That's why I mentioned the video is really misleading. They should have run on pump 91 or 93 for all vehicles to get a real world comparison, but it would not have been nearly as dramatic.

My wife's van uses E85 and it is available on the same pump as regular and premium in most metro area, especially Exxon/Mobile. Burns very clean and cost less, at least here in the Southern states. Might try the tune if I was into drag racing. Amazing that the tune and E50 equals 500HP on the ST with stock parts. For the V6 class racing looks like a good tune. Would like to see the tune and E50 on the V8 SRT as I do like to watch drag racing and no doubt the SRT has some get up and go for the weight.

Can’t get E85 anywhere near where I live or work.

Can’t get E85 anywhere near where I live or work.

Looks like the majority of the supply is in the NE.

E85 Map.jpg

So far I have 5star, unleashed and brewcityboost. I'm still trying to get mpt and gearhead on board. I'm sure I can talk them into it.

I'll start doing reviews eventually.

So far I have 5star, unleashed and brewcityboost. I'm still trying to get mpt and gearhead on board. I'm sure I can talk them into it.

Which one do you prefer for smoothest delivery of power and shifting?

Could give some initial/brief notes sbour each tune, pros/cons and which one you prefer? Appreciate it!

Purchased our 2020 Explorer ST Monday the 30th of DEC
Ordered the N-Gauge Calibrator from 5 STAR the same day
Ordered the 93 octane & E30 calibrations from 5 STAR
Looking forward to getting the calibrations installed:)
Will run the 93 octane calibrations first
7th ECOBOOST vehicle we have owned
75 Years Old & LOVIN IT

SSI has an ST tune I believe.
I just got my 2020 with the 2.3 yesterday and sent in my tune form to Shawn.
On my 14 Explrer 3.5NA, he made a very nice tune despite me not having a turbo.

Can a member that actually used an 87 to 93 octane tune in a 2020 st please post what you think of the tune that you have used ( which one) . Not one person has actually stated they used one and if it was even noticeable!

I use an e50 mix in my 2018 Expedition with 5 star E30 or 93 tune
Mileage drop much less than you describe
Mileage drops about 10% but the E51 available here in Arizona is $2.499 VS 91 octane Premium at $3.699
So cost per mile is a lot less & performance is dramatically better
E51 is about 102-104 octane
Plan to use it in my 2020 Explorer ST as well as soon as I get the calibrations from 5 Star

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use an e50 mix in my 2018 Expedition with 5 star E30 or 93 tune
Mileage drop much less than you describe
Mileage drops about 10% but the E51 available here in Arizona is $2.499 VS 91 octane Premium at $3.699
So cost per mile is a lot less & performance is dramatically better
E51 is about 102-104 octane
Plan to use it in my 2020 Explorer ST as well as soon as I get the calibrations from 5 Star

Be cautious with their tune and the trans.. that is a ridiculous amount of extra power far above the rating of the 10r60.

Back