2020 XLT snow handling | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 XLT snow handling

Yes. They do sound Nice. I don't know why Ford screwed that up, I just don't like the Body on the Durango. I think they could have done more.

I think they're about equal in terms of styling.

Durango has a better powertrain but i think the explorer has more of that "road presence". Only because when people think about explorers, they think about cops lol. So it's intimidating on the road. If you have the typical law enforcement colors. Black, white, magnetic (or silver).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I learned the importance of proper tires when I drove a Mustang GT year round for 9 years. With Blizzaks I was able to navigate around 4x4 trucks that were stuck in snow and ice.

My last vehicle was a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I drove for 9 years and learned the Michelin Defender is good enough to use year round.

When I picked up my new '21 Limited Explorer (with standard 20" wheels) this week I had the tires swapped for the Defenders before I took delivery. I actually checked that this tire was available for this wheel before I even looked at the vehicle as proper tires are this important to me.

Welcome to the Forum Kyle. :wave:
Congrats on the new Limited.

Peter

2020 XLT purchased last August, driving in first snow storm of the years, truck handles terrible. Possibly Hankook tires? Hate to do it but ready to purchase new Michelin.
Anyone have thoughts? 2005 Explorer and and Audi Q5 handled well in this stuff, I am driving my worst drive in years.
It’s the tires. I got in a bad accident on a light dusting last year. Go to tirerack.com and see how poorly the Hankooks are rated. They’re terrible.

I’ve had Blizzaks this year and the truck handles amazingly.

It’s the tires. I got in a bad accident on a light dusting last year. Go to tirerack.com and see how poorly the Hankooks are rated. They’re terrible.

I’ve had Blizzaks this year and the truck handles amazingly.
I had the DMV-1 winters on my 2017 and have the DMV-2 on the Aviator. :thumbsup:

Peter

Back