2021 Ford Explorer driver side window not working? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 Ford Explorer driver side window not working?

Sir Daniel

Reaction score
City, State
Osceola Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer 2.3 ecoboos
Hi I have a 2021 Fully loaded XLT 2000 miles on the clock love the car good power and handling for the size of the engine. Today the driver side front switches for front windows and Mirrors stopped working?? all other windows could be opened and closed except for the driver side Window... it was stuck open..very disappointing for a expensive new model??? I checked all the fuses in the car under the hood... all were good. I locked and unlock the vehicle a few times and after I started wiggling the driver side wiring harness in between the door and the body it started working.... any one had this issue before...... not to impressed.................

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like it could be a bad motor. No other posts about the same issue. I also didn't notice any fuses shown in the listing for the front windows.
The ones for the rear side windows are in the cabin fuse panel.
FYI, fuse #2 in the cabin fuse panel is for;
Moonroof.
ERA-GLONAS.
eCall.
Telematics control unit module.
Inverter.
Driver door switch pack.

Peter

Sounds like it could be a bad motor. No other posts about the same issue. I also didn't notice any fuses shown in the listing for the front windows.
The ones for the rear side windows are in the cabin fuse panel.
FYI, fuse #2 in the cabin fuse panel is for;
Moonroof.
ERA-GLONAS.
eCall.
Telematics control unit module.
Inverter.
Driver door switch pack.

Peter
Hey Peter i doubt it is the motor, also electric mirrors was not working as well...

If it started working after you wiggled the wiring it could be a poor pin connection on that harness. I doubt it's a fuse. I've never seen a blowen fuse that worked intermittently.

If it started working after you wiggled the wiring it could be a poor pin connection on that harness. I doubt it's a fuse. I've never seen a blowen fuse that worked intermittently.
I guess I didn't read that last part carefully enough. :( Not a fuse issue then but likely a connection issue as you mentioned.

Peter

I guess I didn't read that last part carefully enough. :( Not a fuse issue then but likely a connection issue as you mentioned.

Peter
Same issue on my 2 week old 2021 Limited AWD Hybrid....I called dealer and they were able to see a fault for the drivers side door...Several know it alls on this site says it 's impossible for the service dept to see a fault code without having plugged into the plug on the car. I have better things to do than argue with these asshats....ford is aware and looking into it.....my window started working an hour later while I was enroute to the dealer to reset the module which he couldn't read remotely. every circuit is controlled VIA a FET circuit protector if it sees a problem it opens the circuit for period and then closes it if the fault has cleared after 3 attempts it fails again it has to be serviced at ford. No fuse unless module failure.

This happened to me. clearing the fault code did not work. code re-appeared. turning the car off then on, did not work. Finally i used forscan lite and went into service procedures / reset drivers window switch module. Worked right from then on.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but my driver door auto up feature breaks at least once a month and the window will go down but not go back up, it will just bounce back and go down. I have to do the recalibration procedure each time, a few times, and get it working again. is the door module faulty?

Not sure if this is the same issue, but my driver door auto up feature breaks at least once a month and the window will go down but not go back up, it will just bounce back and go down. I have to do the recalibration procedure each time, a few times, and get it working again. is the door module faulty?
Have you checked that the window tracks are clear to allow for the window to close without any binding? That could be an issue.

Peter

Been chasing this problem with my 2020 Aviator. It's a known issue according to my Service Manager. Reprogrammed the controller and it worked for a bit and quit again. They reloaded the software and I think they said there was an update as well. Took it home and found that the auto up feature did not work on either of the two left side windows, but worke on the two right side windows. Called the dealer and they said that the tech had evidently failed to "initialize the controller".

When it happened, you could not operated any of the windows or side mirror swing functions but if you went to the individual window controller they worked as advertised.

Back