2021 Limited AWD Hybrid Drivetrain issues..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 Limited AWD Hybrid Drivetrain issues.....

Sea_Ray

Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited Hybrid AWD
Less then 48 hours after purchasing new Explorer Limited Hybrid 3.3. AWD while stopped at light it feels like I was rear ended.

It appears the rear wheels are are engageing while the brakes are still on.....I just traded my 2020 AWD XLT 2.3 in with 10000 miles WTF is going on with Ford?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Less then 48 hours after purchasing new Explorer Limited Hybrid 3.3. AWD while stopped at light it feels like I was rear ended.

It appears the rear wheels are are engageing while the brakes are still on.....I just traded my 2020 AWD XLT 2.3 in with 10000 miles WTF is going on with Ford?
Problem solved😎

Resolution??

Is the auto hold turned on/engaged? Mine does this often when I release the parking brake.

Is the auto hold turned on/engaged? Mine does this often when I release the parking brake.
No,

Call your service adviser ask he or she to check your vin for fault codes if they tell you they can't ask to speak to someone qualified.

Not sure if it's something new on the 2021 models of if the service writers are untrained.... BUT they sure as ***K can see a fault code in almost real time if they know where to look, without you having to be at the dealer.

This BS of having to drive all over ****** waiting for it to happen, to prove it to them is over.

My issue was NOT related to being a AWD Hybrid, the problem has been reported in numerous ford vehicles. It's a wiring harness in the trans which controls the AUX pump ( or Pump) to keep the trans ready while the auto stop start BS is activated and the motor is off, while foot is on the brake.

It feels like car is being started while in gear when it happens.

the 2.3 is a polished turd and ford should eat everyone of those POS they put in the explorer IN MY OPINION of course. My limited 3.3 AWD Hybrid reminds me of my 5.4 AWD 2001 Eddie Bauer Expedition

Fault codes will show as a CEL, easily readable with a code reader. I seriously doubt this would show as a fault code. What would the range be? Agreed, the service writers don't know their ass from their elbow. None of the ones I talked to about a tune for my Mustang had a clue what that was. "Tune-up"? We can do that, but we never heard of a tune.

Fault codes will show as a CEL, easily readable with a code reader. I seriously doubt this would show as a fault code. What would the range be? Agreed, the service writers don't know their ass from their elbow. None of the ones I talked to about a tune for my Mustang had a clue what that was. "Tune-up"? We can do that, but we never heard of a tune.
You're correct I made it all up.....and the earth is really flat.

Back