• Register Today It's free!

20 Limited or 21 XLT?

Jjlee86

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Hey everyone, new member here. Although I have been lurking for a while. We are in the market for an Explorer and with the current deals I can get a 2020 Limited ($47,500) for the same price as a 2021 XLT ($43,581). 20 have 0% and after interest on a 21 XLT the total cost of the loans are within a couple hundred dollars. Would most of you go with the 2.3 Limited with a few more options or the newer 21 XLT? That being said i know I will have more room to negotiate on the 20. Reading here it sounds like most of you feel comfortable 12-15% off MSRP. Is that what i should be aiming for?

Thanks!

2020.PNG
2021.PNG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Personally, I wouldn't go for either one because of the colour.;) Not a fan of black.
If you want heated and cooled front seats, heated 2nd row and power-fold 3rd-row seats then the Limited would be the one. The Limited also has 12 speakers vs 6 in the XLT. If towing is a consideration then the XLT has the factory tow package. The Limited does not. Basically, it all comes down to what you want/need. I don't tow anything and always like the more upscale models so my choice would be the Limited.

Peter

I'd go for the '21. Especially with how much issues (i won't say problems) the 20's have across the range, in general.

Some people have stated a lot of the issues were corrected with the '21.

I say get the '21.

It's a simple choice if I was looking at these two deals, I'd get the'20. I have an early build '20 XLT (6-4-2019). No issues.

The wife agrees with the extra features.. We are going to look at the Limited this weekend. Thanks for the replies!

The 2020 Limited was built in July 2020. That is over a year after the initial builds in 2019. I would think most of the problems were sorted out by then. The Limited is going to have more options and be like a Platinum model except with the 2.3L 4 cylinder Ecoboost engine instead of the 3.0L 6 cylinder twin turbo Ecoboost engine. The XLT was built in March 2021. Is not going to have as many options as the Limited but has same engine as the Limited. The XLT has the factory tow package if that means anything for you.

Which one did you buy?

Back