2022 2.3L Slow to shift from drive to reverse | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 2.3L Slow to shift from drive to reverse

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2022 explorer 15000 miles on it and when I go from drive to reverse it takes a few seconds for the reverse to register it just started this a few days ago this is crazy

I have a 2022 explorer 15000 miles on it and when I go from drive to reverse it takes a few seconds for the reverse to register it just started this a few days ago this is crazy
The problem is I work for a ford store and they said that they recently did an update to transmissions and ever since then it's Normal is it just me or is everyone tired of hearing that it's normal I also have this issue when I step on the gas slowly my car has a slight vibration that's normal too

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

2022 Ford Exporer XLT - I had the reverse delay recently (6 months or so) and took it to the dealership. I was told that if I couldn't replicate it, they couldn't troubleshoot. Took it to another technican who said "yes...it sounds like a trasmission issue we're aware of." It was literally resolved in less than 40 mins into the appointment. They uploaded an update and it was done. After the update, I did note a new feature of which I am not in favor...EVERY time you put the truck in PARK, it puts on the emergency brake. EVERY TIME. I'm aware some Explorers had an issue for which that is a fix, but it is most annoying and takes a while to get used to. This is a lease so I can't say I would re-lease an EXP again. This vehicle has had several little problems and now there is water under the floor mats - and it is saturated. Thanks for all the info here! :)

2022 Ford Exporer XLT - I had the reverse delay recently (6 months or so) and took it to the dealership. I was told that if I couldn't replicate it, they couldn't troubleshoot. Took it to another technican who said "yes...it sounds like a trasmission issue we're aware of." It was literally resolved in less than 40 mins into the appointment. They uploaded an update and it was done. After the update, I did note a new feature of which I am not in favor...EVERY time you put the truck in PARK, it puts on the emergency brake. EVERY TIME. I'm aware some Explorers had an issue for which that is a fix, but it is most annoying and takes a while to get used to. This is a lease so I can't say I would re-lease an EXP again. This vehicle has had several little problems and now there is water under the floor mats - and it is saturated. Thanks for all the info here! :)
I envy you for leasing I bought one in 2021 and to this day regret it.

I believe all the new Explorers have that feature of automatically engaging the emergency brake when you shift to Park. I don't know why they still have it as my previous 2020 and current 2023 Aviator did not have it. I have manually engaged the brake and then shifted to D and it releases without any issue.
If you have water in the footwell(s), it could be from a clogged moonroof drain. That is one of the indications.
BTW, I've leased my last 9 vehicles.

Peter

I believe all the new Explorers have that feature of automatically engaging the emergency brake when you shift to Park. I don't know why they still have it as my previous 2020 and current 2023 Aviator did not have it. I have manually engaged the brake and then shifted to D and it releases without any issue.
If you have water in the footwell(s), it could be from a clogged moonroof drain. That is one of the indications.
BTW, I've leased my last 9 vehicles.

Peter
Thanks for your reply, Peter. I did notice a very faint odor a while back but could never trace it and it dissipated. I only noticed this recently because I picked up my daughter's book and it was wet. This is only my second lease - my first was a Ford Edge - and I loved her!

Back