2022 Colorado Color Run | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Colorado Color Run

Which week would you prefer for the Colorado Color run?

• Sep 4-10

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Aug 14-20

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Other (please note preference below if voting other)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Gman has a good point, could be cold, especially on the passes. But with that being said with the sun out, even if it’s cold, it’ll be nice (or maybe I’ve lived here too long:laugh:). I’m still thinking early September would be a perfect time to go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is why they make heated seats. One other thing is pricing, moving it to much into tourist season prices could be high.

Tim

Aug or September works for me. I was just getting it out there for others that it might affect. As long as the dates are set well in advance, it's a non issue.

The colder freezing temps overnight would only change up my camping style. Which I can work around easily.
Just won't hook up water to the adventure trailer is all, as the lines would freeze in it. I just won't boondock, and stay at KOA.

Overnight temps wouldn't make that big a deal to me either. I plan to bring the camper. However not all have that pleasure and I do remember some very cold nights on my first venture camping in Colorado (Thank you Gmanpaint and Turdle 😎 ).
Ok, I've set up a poll with three options, a week in September, a week in August, or another time. If you vote for "other" please post and state what that "other" time might be.

Just found out I have a concert to work, at the Rocklahoma Festival, on Sept 1-5.

I could swing this if it is the middle of Aug or Middle of Sept.
You guys vote and choose what works best for you, and if it falls on a date I can make it, great.
If not, it is what it is. I can make it another time.

These are the reasons I started this so early LoL. I'm more than willing to move the August option to the middle of August to accommodate Greg. It's important to me that as many people as possible have the opportunity to go. August 14-20? Thoughts?

Alright, having had a "second"to the "motion" I'll change the dates on the poll to reflect that and start it over again.

Well, unless we get several late votes (no jokes on illegal votes, rigged elections, etc... lol) It looks like Aug 14-20 is going to be it. Mark your calendars and make your reservations!

Ok, seems we have the date down pat. I'm in favor of locating at the Ouray KOA. Its a little pricey (in my opinion) but it is nice, has amenities, etc. That and I'm familiar with it. I don't think we can go there without doing Black Bear/Telluride Pass, just cause its so well known. We also discovered that its worth spending a day exploring the ski resort at Telluride and the old mining operation in Ouray. Any other Favorite/Must do Trails/sites? I'm sure there are other with WAY more knowledge of the area than I have (LoL I'm not sure... I KNOW there are others with more knowledge than I have of the area)

I would reserve one day for doing all the sight seeing tourist stuff, so we can plan out the trails we would like to take.
I have learned to play it by ear, on what days to take the trails. Once there, you find out the 411 on the area.

Black Bear & Imogene in the same day, are a must for me. Other than those, I'm open to whatever. The longer the day, the better in my opinion.

Post up any favs on your bucket list, and after we can just add them to the list of "Wants", or "Must do's".

Thanks for the help on the dates guys! 🤘🤓👍

If you're planning on going, and aren't familiar with the trails, you can go to trailsoffroad.com. Lots of info and easy to look up, just go to the site and look for "Colorado" and you'll see a color-coded map of nearly every trail in the area. For more detailed images of the trails you can always Youtube the them.

I'm making reservations at the KOA within the month. They are already limited, so if you're planning on staying there, I'd start looking. Had a long discussion with the wife about accommodations. She'd love a deluxe cabin but realizes it is costly. She's willing to stay in a tent since the KOA has very nice showers and restrooms. We have a travel trailer, but she's concerned that LilEddie may not be able to pull it all the way there. I could hear Eddie gasp from the backyard when she said it, I swear. LoL I told her we'd make several weekend trips to the nearby mountains beforehand as a test, plus the Mesa4Wheelers Amys Campout is coming up soon.

I'm making reservations at the KOA within the month. They are already limited, so if you're planning on staying there, I'd start looking. Had a long discussion with the wife about accommodations. She'd love a deluxe cabin but realizes it is costly. She's willing to stay in a tent since the KOA has very nice showers and restrooms. We have a travel trailer, but she's concerned that LilEddie may not be able to pull it all the way there. I could hear Eddie gasp from the backyard when she said it, I swear. LoL I told her we'd make several weekend trips to the nearby mountains beforehand as a test, plus the Mesa4Wheelers Amys Campout is coming up soon.
If you do that I can help with cost if you are getting a tent sight. I will be wanting to get a tent sight also. Looking at it it looks like up to 6 people. I will have a little Home made type camper to be sleeping in. Just let me know sir if it is the route you all are going.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Already limited most likely because people need to get out of the house!!! Lol

Those tiny cabins aren't much more than a powered site. They are convenient, but it takes away the whole camping aspect.

The bigger cabins are very nice, but very expensive. The between is the powered sites. They are super nice, large enough for 2 rigs and a trailer plus your camp gear.

Ouray koa is different than most. They are one of the most expensive in the country, but they are also one of the best. They didn't report my stays to corporate, and makes me believe they are privately owned. Would explain why they offer much more services, than others. I actually love the place, just dislike the costs. Lol

My trailer going is dependent on someone else going. They would tow it there and back, if I don't have my engine work done by then. Still a long time away so....

Back