2022 Colorado Color Run | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Colorado Color Run

Which week would you prefer for the Colorado Color run?

• Sep 4-10

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Aug 14-20

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Other (please note preference below if voting other)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd love to bring the camper, but it really drops the ol' mileage down to 9-10 MPGs. I think we'll be using a tent, probably that big ol tent I "inherited" a few years back that I haven't even tried to put up yet. As soon as we get the other back yard work done, I'll be putting it up for inspection and seeing how it looks and works. Just wish a tent site and an RV site didn't cost nearly the same. It'd be nice if we could get everyone as close together as possible, even split up one camp site if they'll let us. Greg, any chance that Scott will want to go?
I also hope to have a roof rack made by then, we will just have to wait and see.

I'd love to bring the camper, but it really drops the ol' mileage down to 9-10 MPGs. I think we'll be using a tent, probably that big ol tent I "inherited" a few years back that I haven't even tried to put up yet. As soon as we get the other back yard work done, I'll be putting it up for inspection and seeing how it looks and works. Just wish a tent site and an RV site didn't cost nearly the same. It'd be nice if we could get everyone as close together as possible, even split up one camp site if they'll let us. Greg, any chance that Scott will want to go?
I also hope to have a roof rack made by then, we will just have to wait and see.
I am also thinking I will be bringing my Tent also. Just bring my trailer to to haul my Stuff in.

I am also thinking I will be bringing my Tent also. Just bring my trailer to to haul my Stuff in.
Sorry for the tag I just don’t remember how to post on a thread properly. Anyways I was brought here by Gman from Facebook and given a checklist of work to do on my truck to make this trip. I was hoping to bring another explorer friend with but I was wanting to ask if the full week is necessary or if I could show up say Wednesday or Thursday?

You can arrive and/or leave whenever you choose. You are quite welcome regardless! We'd love to see newcomers. If Gman sent you this way you're in good hands. He knows his stuff and has helped me on numerous occasions.

Sorry for the tag I just don’t remember how to post on a thread properly. Anyways I was brought here by Gman from Facebook and given a checklist of work to do on my truck to make this trip. I was hoping to bring another explorer friend with but I was wanting to ask if the full week is necessary or if I could show up say Wednesday or Thursday?
Welcome to the meet! Like Traveler said, arrive when you can, leave when you have too. Some show for the entire week, others just a few days. Really depends on your distance and time you have to enjoy this amazing area.

Just let us know when your arriving, so we can make arrangements to get you with the rest of us. There are tons of options for overnight accomodations. B&B, hotels, camp grounds, and even boondocking. The towns around Ouray all have places to stay. The majority of us will stay at the Ouray KOA.

Trip of a lifetime, so the longer you stay, the more you get to experience!!

Welcome to the meet! Like Traveler said, arrive when you can, leave when you have too. Some show for the entire week, others just a few days. Really depends on your distance and time you have to enjoy this amazing area.

Just let us know when your arriving, so we can make arrangements to get you with the rest of us. There are tons of options for overnight accomodations. B&B, hotels, camp grounds, and even boondocking. The towns around Ouray all have places to stay. The majority of us will stay at the Ouray KOA.

Trip of a lifetime, so the longer you stay, the more you get to experience!!
We’re planning on staying at the koa just to try and hangout with some of you guys and honestly pick your brains haha, me and my buddy are both trying to build very similar trucks too what you yourself have but now we’re going full scramble to prepare for this trip!

Its all good and look forward to seeing you there. I am also looking forward to it to meet other and their rigs.

I probably will look into KOA also. SO what dates are you guys looking at?

Tim

Aug 14-20 seems to be the poll winner.

On a similar yet off topic note... If you're reading this thread and thinking "I would so love to go but 1) My rig won't be ready in time 2) its a bad time to get away from work 3) Its my kids state soccer finals... etc" I've been thinking lately that my home state of Arizona also has some beautiful views, and some really fun trails so I will see what can be done about starting an annual "Desert Beauty Run" in late Winter say late February early March of 2023. Stay tuned for more details on a separate yet to be started thread.

On a similar yet off topic note... If you're reading this thread and thinking "I would so love to go but 1) My rig won't be ready in time 2) its a bad time to get away from work 3) Its my kids state soccer finals... etc" I've been thinking lately that my home state of Arizona also has some beautiful views, and some really fun trails so I will see what can be done about starting an annual "Desert Beauty Run" in late Winter say late February early March of 2023. Stay tuned for more details on a separate yet to be started thread.
I like that Idea. I may have to see about that one also. :) My Sister lives in Gilbert. Give me a reason to see her LOL

However, getting back to the trip at hand. Has anyone made any reservations at the KOA for a tent site yet? I'd be interested in splitting a site with someone. I'll have a large tent and my Explorer. With gas going up I think I'll just bring the tent and "rough it".

However, getting back to the trip at hand. Has anyone made any reservations at the KOA for a tent site yet? I'd be interested in splitting a site with someone. I'll have a large tent and my Explorer. With gas going up I think I'll just bring the tent and "rough it".
I have not and I am willing to do the same. Split a camp sight with someone. I just need to save the pennys to get one.

Um Ok Change that. I just reserved a Tent spot at the KOA. If you want to help with it PM me and we can get the details worked out. I will have a Little trailer with also carrying things down to Ouray.

Late to the forum party!

Me and Gman have been talking about the trip and i am going to tow his camp trailer with my silverado and i am going to jump in the Black Hole with him and trail ride

Late to the forum party!

Me and Gman have been talking about the trip and i am going to tow his camp trailer with my silverado and i am going to jump in the Black Hole with him and trail ride

Thats awesome! I can't wait to see the mythical Camp Trailer in person! :bounce:

Thats awesome! I can't wait to see the mythical Camp Trailer in person! :bounce:
Mythical! 🤣 Not many here have had the chance to see it yet, but I assure you, it's real. Not my fault you boogied west! lol

Link to the Adventure trailer build thread is in my signature!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back