2022 XLT 202A Ordered! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 XLT 202A Ordered!

Well it’s at the dealership. But can’t take delivery until it goes to the body shop to be fixed. Quality Control at the factory missed the panel fitment between the drivers side fender and door. It is rubbing and messing up the paint. So now we are delayed another week or two.
Hoping everything goes smooth from here on for you. Again Good Luck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well it’s at the dealership. But can’t take delivery until it goes to the body shop to be fixed. Quality Control at the factory missed the panel fitment between the drivers side fender and door. It is rubbing and messing up the paint. So now we are delayed another week or two.
Oh that really sucks! Hope you get the car soon. Still waiting on a railcar unload here...

Just my opinion, but unless you really need this car, I would let them keep it and start over or go elsewhere. Who knows what else wasn't properly QC'd.

Just my opinion, but unless you really need this car, I would let them keep it and start over or go elsewhere. Who knows what else wasn't properly QC'd.
Well we kinda need it. Our jeep was totaled back in June and we have been using an extra older vehicle to get us by. We have been waiting on this one for months. It’s not just ford with quality issues now. Our 2021 jeep had all kinds of issues. I have a few guys I work with ther recently bought Volkswagen atlas crossovers and had nothing but trouble with them. So much so the vehicles were bought back by the manufacturer. Another had a Chevy blazer that was bought back because of major issues. These companies are using contractors for so many parts and the quality control is suffering. When you farm things out you lose the ability to control the outcome. It’s sad.

Well our car hit the yard tonight, now just waiting for a truck. Hopefully it’ll be at the dealer sometime next week.

Ours is still sitting in the yard. It’s been there a week and a half now, and truck frequencies to our dealer have been every 1.5-2 weeks. Hopefully it’ll come this week. Also hoping the Maverick order banks open later this week. Planning on buying one for myself.

Our car came in last night! Did a drive by of the dealer to take a look. Hopefully they’ll PDI it quickly so we can pick it up in the next few days. Almost 3 months to the day since the order.
CF01ECAE-F21F-4E3E-8D30-55924C245662.jpeg
4247AA41-FEDF-4693-9A43-DFE26281A820.jpeg

^^Nice. So they leave it in a No Parking zone.

Peter

^^Nice. So they leave it in a No Parking zone.

Peter
Hah, it's actually at the back of the dealer's lot, so no big deal. That's just where the truck parked the 6 explorers it unloaded. I'll post more detailed pics once we pick it up, which will probably be tomorrow.

91BB8E05-5B04-4EDE-943E-2B09EA04A571.jpeg

I forgot to post a pic of ours when we got it a few weeks ago.

Back