2025 Platinum Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2025 Platinum Question

paeric01

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
I'm planning on ordering a 2025 Platinum in the near future. I plan on upgrading to the 3.0 EB engine and I am trying to figure out if the transmission has SelectShift capability. I have studied the order guide and it is listed as standard on the ST but it is not mentioned on the Platinum. Does anybody know if that capability will be included with the Platinum model? Thanks in advance for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning on ordering a 2025 Platinum in the near future. I plan on upgrading to the 3.0 EB engine and I am trying to figure out if the transmission has SelectShift capability. I have studied the order guide and it is listed as standard on the ST but it is not mentioned on the Platinum. Does anybody know if that capability will be included with the Platinum model? Thanks in advance for your help.
It is unsure of right now due to it being deleted on everything but STs and Tinberlines last year. The 3.0 is standard on Platinum. Why are you concerned about SelectShift?
He is referring to the ability to manually shift the transmission via paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

It is unsure of right now due to it being deleted on everything but STs and Tinberlines last year. The 3.0 is standard on Platinum. Why are you concerned about SelectShift?

He is referring to the ability to manually shift the transmission via paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
The 3.0 is not standard on the Platinum.

The 3.0 EcoBoost engine is an option for the Platinum.

Back