20's with stock ride height | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

20's with stock ride height

Is any body on here running 20's on there x that is not lowerd? I need to decide on 18's or 20's soon. I want to do 20's but I am affraid that its going to ride real stiff. If I do 20's I will run 265-50-20. And for the 18's I will run 265-60-18. Please let me know how the ride is with the 20's. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It isn't that bad, especially with that tire. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the 18s and 20s.

My 99 had 20's and Goodyear Eagles on it when I bought it. I just put them on the wife's 95. I had to trim a little off the plastic lip in the rear part of the wheel well to keep them from rubbing while reversing & turning. They ride great, very sticky & stable. They really look good on the X, I'm just not a dubs guy...

Thanks for the info. Does anybody have a picture of a x with 20's and not lowerd?

I have a '95 sport with 275/45r/20 and the ride is even better than my stock rims. I was very suprised with the Goodyear eagle GT2. I did not have to trim anything off of m bumpers, they fit like a glove. I have the stock ride height and it doesnt look bad at all. In the spring though, I do plan on doing a torsion twist and lowering it about 2 inches just for the sportier stance.

I had 20s stock for a while and I thought they were fine.

I have an expedition on 20s lowered with 265/50s Toyo proxes and I love the feeling of it. So I would say go with the 20s with the 265/50s and you'll probably end up happier, because you went with the 20 over the 18.

Back