Pics of 20" Wheels at Stock Ride Height | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics of 20" Wheels at Stock Ride Height

Anyone with pics of their X with 20" rims at stock ride height please post pics. I have a 96 that I am in the market for a set of rims and I am trying to get some ideas of what I like before I make a purchase. Preferably 2nd gens, but feel free to post any year Explorer with or without suspension adjustments. Also if possible please post Wheel and Tire specs. thanks for all your help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here is mine.... it is lowered in the front, stock in back. The wheels are 20x8.5 +35mm offset with 2" spacers in the rear.

Attachments

• IM000898 (Medium).JPG
    IM000898 (Medium).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 970
  • IM000959 (Medium).JPG
    IM000959 (Medium).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 790
  • IM000955 (Medium).JPG
    IM000955 (Medium).JPG
    65 KB · Views: 788

If you use a +15 offset, instead of the +35 will you still need 2 inch spacers? Or do you need 2 inch spacers because your tires are so wide 265/50? Just curious now what is the proper offset if I don't wish to use spacers? Thanks

If you use a +15 offset, instead of the +35 will you still need 2 inch spacers? Or do you need 2 inch spacers because your tires are so wide 265/50? Just curious now what is the proper offset if I don't wish to use spacers? Thanks

They fit fine without the spacers, they are on there just to give it a staggereg look-and because the rear track is narrower than the front. And they are only on the rear. I like the 35 offset because it tucks the front wheel- It was just my preference.

My tires are a little narrower than most run- most on this board use a 275 tire with 20's

check my cardomain below.

Back