22s on mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22s on mountaineer

I have a 98 mountaineer. I found a pair of rims for sale on craigslist. They are 22" rims. I know the rims will fit. They previously came off of a navigator. The tire size is 305 40 22. I think those may be too big. I do need to get two new tires for the rims. Anyone know if that size tire will fit with no rubbing or minor trimming? Or can I get two smaller ktires for the front and keep the larger ones for the back? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 98 mountaineer. I found a pair of rims for sale on craigslist. They are 22" rims. I know the rims will fit. They previously came off of a navigator. The tire size is 305 40 22. I think those may be too big. I do need to get two new tires for the rims. Anyone know if that size tire will fit with no rubbing or minor trimming? Or can I get two smaller ktires for the front and keep the larger ones for the back? Thanks

Those will not fit...

Regarding the tire size, though, those are basically a 32x12 which might require a very small lift.

They also are universal

They aren't the same bolt pattern

The rims are universal. But idk if they are too wide.

Well I found a different set. They are 235 55 20. Are those too small?

Thanks for the input. Or I can get 275/55/20 which is probably to tall right?

Well I decided to wait now. I blew a brake line. Also now need front brakes shocks and a control arm

Also the only way you can run 2 different size tires is if your monty is 2wd. What drive train does your monty have?

Its all wheel drive. I'm not going to run two different sizes when I get a set.

Back