22's? Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22's? Question

hey i have a friend who is selling his 22" KMC Bofas off his 1998 expedition. i know the bolt pattern is different... but could i get adapters to make it work? the tires are Pirelli Scorpion Zero (size 295-30-22R). Please advise

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they should fit without a problem, shows on my tire calculator they end up being about 30 inches total, stock explorers can run 31" tires

i am sure there are adapters that you can get..... i just dont know where you could get them..... i dont think they will fit.... those tires are very wide... and an adapter like that will be at least another inch per side of width... so they will stick out a lot and you will have rub...i dont know of any stock explorer with 22s

what about the bolt pattern? would adapters work?

Originally posted by jimabena74
i am sure there are adapters that you can get..... i just dont know where you could get them

sorry, you posted that while i was writing the reply :)

does it look good on the expedition? i think you should do it it would look pretty bad ass on the x

I'd have to see a picture of the tires before I could say for sure. The Explorers I have seen with 22s have extremely small tires, and unless the Expedition was very low, I can't imagine the tires being that low profile, considering it is a full size truck. But, I will say that I would stay away from adapters. Yes, you can get an adapter to make them fit on your Ex, but they would cost nearly $300 for them. They will stick out and look out of place.

If I were you, I would just collect some more money and get some 20s.

Back