2nd gen grill and tails on a 1st gen??? posible??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen grill and tails on a 1st gen??? posible???

93explorer4life

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
no curent
howdy all! ok i have been doin some thinking! and i was wonderin if it was at all posible to put another gen explorer fenders on the 1st gen!!!! like a 2nd or 3 gen cause i like the grills and they have better lights for them! and the tails! can a 2nd gen tail light fit the 1st gen at all? will it invile cutting to make it fit? let me know! im pretty interested!!!!!!!!!!

PM if you have any info

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

with some work :hammer: i think u could do it :thumbsup:

I'd really like to see it done

well c i would like to see it aswell, i seen some one do it to a 93 ranger! they put the 2nd gen explorer front end on it.
they cut part of the old fender off and tacked part of the new one on it! and it looked pretty good after it was finished! the only thing i see a problem with is time, money and the flatness of my front end, i dont know how well the grill would bend to my front end! i wish tehre was some one who has done this lill prject before!

u should be able to swap fenders, hood and all other front end parts from a 2nd gen and itd work and for the rear tails, u would have to cut some of the body for them to fit since they are curved.. very possible tho

sweet! if i can get the parts im so doing it! do you think i would have to do any trimming ont the fenders? or do you think i could just swap fenders right out! and put a new hood on it! and then the new grill! or you think im gona have to cutt somethings, wack some things????

Back