2nd Gen V8 Daily Driver - 130-140k Miles? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Gen V8 Daily Driver - 130-140k Miles?

Wrong, Dan- back in the day, not all Mountaineers were optioned out. In this case, a Mounty stripper, that is part of a Conair aftermarket seat heater. You insert the hairdryer in there.

That rip is on the center console lid in the usual spot where your right elbow rests. The lid is flipped up in pic 4 & 5 to hide it. Also, the center console rear cup holders are missing.

The right headlight is newer than the left. Combined with the hood tilt, right bumper scrapes, and folded license plate, I'd say he took out the right turn light assembly when he slid into something. Header panel may be dented.

Good eye! I thought the armrest was missing and the tear was in the seat! Ugh...

A couple of turns on the hood adjustment bumper and all is good. Headlights look the same to me. Probably rust free too. Cleaner than most.

Wow it looks like a bomb went off on the console lid, other than that it looks pretty clean and surely rust free.
The baseline aspect of it does blow, decent miles however.

I have a 99 Ford loaded with everything save for the rear object detection system and with 208,000 miles and it runs and drive like a dream and looks damn fine as well, thankfully our interior is not all clapped out and has worn very well.
Wife daily drives it 60 miles a day and it has never let us down and has no special tricks or 1 man horse type features and has been the best and most reliable vehicles either of us has ever had. It is also very original so I am waiting for a starter, alternator or fuel pump to fail, we'll see how long she goes.

Good luck in your search, I heard with the advent of crossovers/cute utes i.e. Ford Toreasses badged as Exploder's now that the value of body on frame and or good towing V8 SUV's have appreciated some.

Back