• Register Today It's free!

2x4 vs. 4x4 grille

YAMBIG

Reaction score
City, State
Turners Falls Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT 4x4
I have a 2000 black 4x4 xlt. I just ordered a street scene front bumper cover that will be painted black. My ranger has a chrome grille. My question is, Can I get a black grille off of a 2x4? I know that one has the "upright bars" on the outside and the other on the inside. Does anyone know if they mount differently? I can get a 2x4 xl black grille off of ebay for like $9.99 plus shipping. I don't care if someone sees it and says "thats a 2wd". I guess I just want to know if they are direct replacement from a 98-2000. I would appreciate even opinions, or ideas. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone plz? running out of time to be cheap.

YAMBIG said:
I would appreciate even opinions, or ideas.
Should be the same. Can you find a same year 2wd truck to look at? Or, just paint yours black! ;)

I did that on my blue 99. It fits but looks a little stupid alas!

I wanted to put the newer grille on mine most recently, the black plastic honeycomb style. I saw the same truck only an 01 at the tire store and am glad I didnt do it.

What do you mean by looking stupid? Is it just because you know what the 4x4 grill looked like on it, and YOU see the difference? Is there ony other differences other than the "look"? Did they bolt on to the same spots with no mods? I don't want to just paint mine because I don't want to deal with it. I'd rather zip the old one off and the new one on.

Back